Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Work light(s) out back.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the Warrior Products replacement rear license plate bracket.

http://www.warriorproducts.com/image...3-with-lrg.jpg

It's an all metal bracket that goes in place of the OEM plastic rear license plate bracket. It's easily sturdy enough to mount a small light on the top. And you already have a hole to run the wires thru.

I might try this myself.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Appreciate the feedback. Still haven't pulled the trigger on ordering anything just yet, but probably going to go with the Hella work light. I think ultimately the higher up on the top the better (for my intentions at least). I'll be sure to post up some pics once I make up my mind on the final plan of attack.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would check out VisionXusa.com for some LED approachs to your needs. Low amp draw and such Their stuff as with lightforce is not cheap but there is quality to be had
Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

this is what I've got on mine for rear lights. works great for setting up camp at night and other stuff. i have the smittybilt tire carrier and there are some brackets just welded to it to mount the lights on.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted a 4" Hella work light onto my Or-Fab tire carrier.

Or-Fab already had a hole drilled into their tire carrier for a CB antenna. Well instead of the CB antenna I mounted the work light. Worked out great. (no pun intended)
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

excavating an old thread. i still haven't come up with my solution. let's see some ideas.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scamp_71
excavating an old thread. i still haven't come up with my solution. let's see some ideas.
I went with an Olympic rear light bar. It mounts under the stock spare tire carrier. I have a Body Armor bumper/tire carrier so I mounted it to the tire carrier swing arm (drilled and tapped). It has mounting spots for 4 lights - 2 rear, 2 side or angle. So far I like it. Depending on the setup you may not have to drill. I'll post some pics in the daylight tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sheepdog
I went with an Olympic rear light bar. It mounts under the stock spare tire carrier. I have a Body Armor bumper/tire carrier so I mounted it to the tire carrier swing arm (drilled and tapped). It has mounting spots for 4 lights - 2 rear, 2 side or angle. So far I like it. Depending on the setup you may not have to drill. I'll post some pics in the daylight tomorrow.
I've considered the Olympic. It appeared I'd need to have a swing out tire carrier though as I didn't think it would mount to the stocker carrier. Ideally I'd like the light to be up higher as well instead of at the level of the bottom of the glass. I'm thinking something that would mount to the stock carrier is the way to go for my application at the moment as a rear bumper/swing out carrier is further down on my "want" list.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would have liked to go higher but it seemed the only way without getting the whole storage rack system. And it is way better than on the bumper. I can get a lot of light around the back and sides to work with and they are at a good height for backup lights too. IMHO. It is supposed to mount under the stock tire carrier and I would have preferred that (no drilling) but with my setup it would have been difficult.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

any chance you've gotten a few pics of that light bar? i'd like to figure out a setup soon and some pics would be much appreciated. thx.

Quick Reply: Work light(s) out back.