Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring new headunit - NEED HELP ASAP

Old 03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Head Unit - No Sound! PLEASE HELP!

EDIT 3/7/14: okay I figured out sorta what the problem is. My blue PAC box must be messed up somehow because depending on what position its in and how I move it, the red wire goes from powered to not powered. I don't think any of the cords are loose, so maybe its something to do with the board inside the box? Also now that its on, I hooked up my pandora app and it says its playing on the head unit but no noise is coming out of my speakers.

EDIT:::

I have sound now, but it's only coming out of the speakers by the drivers side..when I adjust it to play through all of them its just super loud static.. And with the the radio, all I get is static..the adapter isnt going on all the way but im gonna try again tomorrow.

EDIT 3/8/14: Everything works now!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0042.jpg
Views:	2799
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	535666  

Last edited by NLangan; 03-08-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0045.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	535669

My "leftover" wires. The yellows are different shades, not sure if that matters.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The green that is next to the green/black wire is the one that goes to the left rear speaker positive. The "other green"'is either the parking brake wire or the reverse trigger wire ...depending on the harness brand. I think it is parking brake wire on PAC.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Collyn
The green that is next to the green/black wire is the one that goes to the left rear speaker positive. The "other green"'is either the parking brake wire or the reverse trigger wire ...depending on the harness brand. I think it is parking brake wire on PAC.
Alright, thanks. The yellow on the PAC and the yellow on the HU harness are different shades..might be a stupid question but do they have to be the EXACT same color? One's gold and the other is a bright yellow.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Oops. Nope. The other green is the reverse trigger wire on PAC c2rchy4
Old 03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Yellow is yellow. Shade doesn't matter
Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Sometimes the greens and purples are so dark on the harnesses you
Can't tell if one has a black stripe. Haha. General color shades are the norm. I hardly ever have a harness and adapter harness that the colors are a dead match. Sometimes the brown mute wire is tan. I've even seen the red accessory wire a shade that's almost pink.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

And PAC doesn't follow the color code standard completely. Reverse wire on everybody else stuff is purple with a white stripe. On pack it is the speed pulse(vss).
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

You should also wire the radios front speaker outputs to the PAC harnesses rear speaker inputs if you have the Alpine or Infinity system since it isn't capable of fading and the Jeeps amp only uses the "rear"'radio wires as inputs. If you wire the fronts to front and rears to rear AND YOU HAVE A FACORY AMPED SYSTEM, you will not get the Bluetooth hands free audio nor nav prompts since these are usually only sent to the front speakers on a Pioneer.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Collyn
Yellow is yellow. Shade doesn't matter
Alright thanks. On the black wires, do I connect them together or run them individually to a ground bolt somewhere on the Jeep? Also the red wires on the PAC and stereo harness, do they get connected to each other or ran individually to a power source? I guess my question is, am I essentially just connecting all the colors that match and then just putting caps on whats left over?

Oh and I do have the Infinity upgrade. I saw you mentioned putting the fronts where the rears go..but I'm so dumb with this you'd have to say colors for me to get it most likely. Really appreciate this help

Last edited by NLangan; 03-06-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Wiring new headunit - NEED HELP ASAP