Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring and l.o.c question 12'jk

Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring and l.o.c question 12'jk

I have a '12 jk w/ infinity system. Could anyone help me find the wire diagram for the infinity amp. Im going to bypass the infinity amp threw l.o.c's to my new 4-chnnl amp. Also im running a mono amp for my sub, should i have l.o.c on that also?

Thanks

Last edited by BIGNICK; 02-15-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Have a look army thread here regarding this exact thing. Any ideas what the issue is? I have a 4 channel JL Audio AMP with 4 new JL Audio speakers and left the SUB stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riblu...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Speaker Wires from Head Unit for Rears

Originally Posted by shulaj
Have a look army thread here regarding this exact thing. Any ideas what the issue is? I have a 4 channel JL Audio AMP with 4 new JL Audio speakers and left the SUB stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riblu...ature=youtu.be
My stereo installer is telling me that a Jeep Dealer said that speaker wires from HEAD Unit for Rear Speakers in sound bar do NOT come from the head unit! Where do they come from. He said some "box" somewhere. Wonder if that is what got f'd up.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
I have a '12 jk w/ infinity system. Could anyone help me find the wire diagram for the infinity amp. Im going to bypass the infinity amp threw l.o.c's to my new 4-chnnl amp. Also im running a mono amp for my sub, should i have l.o.c on that also?

Thanks
Click image for larger version

Name:	Infinity wiring diagram.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	278474 You can not simply bypass the infinity amp with a loc because it uses a can buss system to control volume, and other parameters. There are modules that will serve this function which are a little more pricey. You could run your loc for your 4 channel amp off the front speakers, but I think you would have to run off the dash speakers, and the tweeters. Not sure if you have the factory sub. I used a loc off my factory sub ( and kept it ) and it works great. The first loc I used would not work on the sub because of how much power it puts out. I bought a high power unit and its all good now.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is the problem when you fade in and fade out from what i could tell from the video? Did you just swap the jl speakers out with the stock speakers and keep the factory wires?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dkehler
[attach=config]278474[/attach] you can not simply bypass the infinity amp with a loc because it uses a can buss system to control volume, and other parameters. There are modules that will serve this function which are a little more pricey. You could run your loc for your 4 channel amp off the front speakers, but i think you would have to run off the dash speakers, and the tweeters. Not sure if you have the factory sub. I used a loc off my factory sub ( and kept it ) and it works great. The first loc i used would not work on the sub because of how much power it puts out. I bought a high power unit and its all good now.
yea i would have 3 loc's. 1 for the front, rear, and sub, and just cut and splice those wires to my new amp leaving any other wires not pertaining to the speakers and sub alone. If that makes sense. and ill be swapping out all speakers including sub

Last edited by BIGNICK; 02-15-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
Is the problem when you fade in and fade out from what i could tell from the video? Did you just swap the jl speakers out with the stock speakers and keep the factory wires?
Well the AMP is now under the passenger seat so I suspect the installer ran NEW wires. I have pictures of it here. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1860513424.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	278490Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3243954975.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	278491
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shulaj
Well the AMP is now under the passenger seat so I suspect the installer ran NEW wires. I have pictures of it here. Attachment 278490Attachment 278491
you might have luck installing a line output converters. ive been reading up on them and there used when keeping your factory h/u and help equalizing the factory settings such as the volume,trebble, etc especially with aftermarket amps and speakers to get to there fullest potential of sound. im going to install them in my jk when i swap out my system soon

Quick Reply: Wiring and l.o.c question 12'jk