Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring help

Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring help

Hey guys,

Not very good with wiring electronics so was wondering if I could get some of your input on this, also not sure if it would even work. Dunno if the pic is gonna load also but incase it doesn't I'll try my best to describe what I'm trying to do.

4 lights on the roof rack,
2 lights on the bumper

Off road purpose, have all the switches on the A pillar.
3 switches total, 1 for the bumper pair, 1 for the outer edges roof rack pair, 1 for the middle pair on the roof rack pair
all the lights are 55w, bumper are fogs, outer edges on roof are fogs, middle pair are long distance

Not sure if I have it right about the wiring on this. I'd like a separate circuit for the lights so it doesn't require any splicing into acc or lights.

I plan to have them hooked up to the battery directly in the following order, if this works/not, risks, damages, easier suggestions let me know.

Battery, relay, fuse, switch, (pos) to light/(neg) to kill switch, (switch) to neg for light

Adding a kill switch out of sight incase i accidentally leave it on, or random ppl messing when doors are off etc.

Does this make sense? Too much or missing something? I realize there are gonna be 3 separate circuits, which is a bit excessive so looking for different suggestions. Also based on the specs of the lights and what I intend on doing, what ga wire, fuse, relay should I be using.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1282.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	521828

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Wiring help