Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring harness for premium stereo on base model?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness for premium stereo on base model?

I'm part of the way through installing my amp/sub into my '14 JKU. I do not have the upgraded factory system, only the base model. My PAC SNI-35 should arrive tomorrow so I did everything I could with the install except for installing the Line Out Converter and tapping into the remote wire. From what I've gathered reading, if you have the premium sound system, the amp is located underneath the dash on the driver side. I took a look there to see if perhaps they install some of the wiring on every vehicle. I noticed that there was 2 groups of wires with harnesses bundled together. The first group of wires had only two wires and look like they go to the front speaker. The second group of wires has six wires and goes to a harness that isn't connected to anything. Here's a picture of it:

Is this the harness that goes to the premium amp? If so, does anyone have a wiring diagram showing which wire is what? I'm hoping that I can do all of my splicing here to get the signal and remote wire tapped in to my amp from this. It is pretty conveniently located.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jb27
I'm part of the way through installing my amp/sub into my '14 JKU. I do not have the upgraded factory system, only the base model. My PAC SNI-35 should arrive tomorrow so I did everything I could with the install except for installing the Line Out Converter and tapping into the remote wire. From what I've gathered reading, if you have the premium sound system, the amp is located underneath the dash on the driver side. I took a look there to see if perhaps they install some of the wiring on every vehicle. I noticed that there was 2 groups of wires with harnesses bundled together. The first group of wires had only two wires and look like they go to the front speaker. The second group of wires has six wires and goes to a harness that isn't connected to anything. Here's a picture of it: Is this the harness that goes to the premium amp? If so, does anyone have a wiring diagram showing which wire is what? I'm hoping that I can do all of my splicing here to get the signal and remote wire tapped in to my amp from this. It is pretty conveniently located. Thanks!
. I have been told that if you don't have the factory amp, then your Jeep is not pre-wired for it. In other words if you ordered your Jeep with base sound system, you cannot retrofit the premium sound system because the wiring harness is not there. Not sure if true, mine had the "upgraded" stereo which was a colossal waste of money. I wish Jeep has a "no stereo" option.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I ended up tapping into the ignition switch for the remote wire and will just use the wires from the front drivers side speaker.

Quick Reply: Wiring harness for premium stereo on base model?