Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring harness for infinity system

Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness for infinity system

Will the Scosche CR04B wiring harness work for an 08 JK with an infinity system? If not what is the cheapest alternative and is there anything I should know about the infinity system before installation? I will be installing an Alpine IDA-X305sbt, this will be my first installation of a head unit. Thanks for any help
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Bump anyone?
Old 05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Google is your friend.

If you buy the harness for your year and model with the infinity system it will work.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

That harness will not work at all, the Infinity amp requires the CANBUS signal to activate, so you need to get the proper harness that has the interface module to communicate with the amp and let it work.

I used the PAC C2R-CHY4 unit from pac audio, it is pricey but that is one required to work with Infinity systems, unless you plan to remove the infinity system. Though other companies make interface harnesses for the infinity systems in our Jeeps but I preferred Pac Audio one instead, I read it had better reviews and the instructions were easier to understand than other brands, Also when running the harness with infinity only two the Front audio inputs are used, because the Infinity amp only requires a 2-channel audio input, other brands said to use all inputs, but the Pac Unit worked great for me when I needed, no problems at all or noise.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastrat350
you need to get the proper harness
That's what I said
Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

My question was a little scatter brained so I'll try again. I know with the Infinity system that some say it requires a ~$100 wire harness to work with all the features of my JK. I have read If I use the Sosche wire harness and wire the ACC to the left lighter power supply I'll retain the radio on feature, but for a shorter time. If I were to try this could there be any side effects that may cause damage to my speakers, head unit, etc.. Also if there is a way to not use the infinity amp and just use the internal amp inside the head unit I would prefer that and take out the amp completely. Thanks for the help
Old 05-24-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Going to try to install tomorrow any info. would be great thanks

Quick Reply: Wiring harness for infinity system