Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

wiring Harness

Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wiring Harness

I am looking to wire up some IPF lights to My LoD bumper do I need 12 Volt Power Adapter
For 07-09 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_98.htm Or will running it straight be a problem. I keep seeing articles about all sensors getting funny if you plug extra electronics in should I be worried? Thinking this Harness would be for a CB or other electronics you want to come on when you turn key. Any help be appreciated..
Old 06-21-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO NOT USE THAT to connect lights. You don't need an adapter of any kind. If you get the wiring harness wiht the lights just follow the instructions with it. You won't upset the CANBus system.

Brief overview of our CANBus discussions. Everything talks on the Bus. Engine, Transmission, Stereo, Gauges, EVERYTHING. When you start to modify the existing bus wiring is when you are taking a chance. Installing lights doesn't affect the Bus.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man all I needed to know

Quick Reply: wiring Harness