Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring for Hard Top

Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring for Hard Top

In the off chance I get the opportunity to pre-wire my ’10 Sahara JK with part #82210215AG before I pick up my new-to-me hard top, does anyone know—

Can I have the accessory (defroster and rear wiper) enabled for functionality at the dealer (through DealerCONNECT and StarSCAN) before the actual top is installed?

And, if anyone has installed the hard top wiring kit themselves – I’m looking for any input, advice, or recommendations from experience…
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doorsoff!
In the off chance I get the opportunity to pre-wire my ’10 Sahara JK with part #82210215AG before I pick up my new-to-me hard top, does anyone know—

Can I have the accessory (defroster and rear wiper) enabled for functionality at the dealer (through DealerCONNECT and StarSCAN) before the actual top is installed?

And, if anyone has installed the hard top wiring kit themselves – I’m looking for any input, advice, or recommendations from experience…
Probably best to have the computer flashed before you plug in your new top. The absence of the top would not be any different than removing it for a joy ride.

I've looked at the wiring. Haven't had the opportunity to assist with one though. I'm sure that it will be a time consuming job. The hardest part will be the connections to the TIPM. I suggest simply spliceing into the existing wiring on the TIPM. I believe the instructions say to remove wires and install the new wires in their place. Just take your time. I think you can do it.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a link to install instructions if you have not seen them. Looks fairly straightforward and yes you definitely need the dealer to update with StarScan. There is no reason why they could not update your computer after you install the kit but before you install the hardtop.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75123.pdf
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if my uncle's 2008 Sahara was hard top at some time in it's life and they swapped for the soft top, but I did the wiring and didn't have to do any programming.

Quick Reply: Wiring for Hard Top