Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring Fogs - No prior fogs

Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Wiring Fogs - No prior fogs

I just bought the AEV front bumper and installed some 4" lights (had to fab some brackets). I want to tap into the fog wires. I did not previously have fogs, but there are 2 wires in that vacinity in loom. I am guessing these are fog wires. Which is positive and which is negative? Also, do you think I would need to wire in a relay??
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Pics?

On my Jeep, it came with fogs, the black wires are the neutral, I think, and the hots are a white with a yellow stripe, and a white with a red stripe... Hope that helps, they are on the front crossmember...
Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

I see two wires in the loom.
I believe they were Dark Green/Light Green and Red/Blue.
Not positive, but I believe that is what they are.
Any ideas on these?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do not tap into those wires, they have to do with the ESP. You do not have any fog light wires. You can buy the wire loom and turn signal stalk from the dealer. You have to tie the loom into the fuse box, install the switch (turn signal stalk) and have the dealer to flash the computer to turn it all on. You would be better off running your own wiring to a seperate switch.
Jim
Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jameswharton
Do not tap into those wires, they have to do with the ESP. You do not have any fog light wires. You can buy the wire loom and turn signal stalk from the dealer. You have to tie the loom into the fuse box, install the switch (turn signal stalk) and have the dealer to flash the computer to turn it all on. You would be better off running your own wiring to a seperate switch.
Jim
agreed
Old 10-11-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Thanks!
This is why I love this forum!!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default fogs on "X"

Simon, I added factory fogs to my X after I got the PureJeep stubby front bumper. If you scroll down on the following thread, you can see how I did it. Hope it helps:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/%2445-off-road-driving-lights-11339/
Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hoovis
Simon, I added factory fogs to my X after I got the PureJeep stubby front bumper. If you scroll down on the following thread, you can see how I did it. Hope it helps:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11339
that looks great!!

i have the stubby... and wanted to do the same.. but i got the winch version and it would offset the lights too noticably. I just fabbed up some brackets and drilled into the top of the bumper
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hoovis

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11339
Thanks for the post, but I may be tapping into the low beam wire for the headlight (White/blue). I'm pretty sure I will do it this way and see if it works. Otherwise, I will do it your way.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

I did it and it works!
I tapped into the White/Blue wire behind the headlight. This is the low beam wire. The fogs are on when the lows are on, and off when the high beams are on. No need for a flash. Simple as pie.

Quick Reply: Wiring Fogs - No prior fogs