Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring 2010 JK Backup camera

Old 04-22-2015, 06:46 AM
gsg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring 2010 JK Backup camera

Hello,
If this has been covered I apologize. Please point me to the other thread.

I am trying to wire up a Alpine HCE-C125 Backup camera to a Kenwood DNX-890HD HU. I have everything placed and wired except for the power supply.
I ran the camera lead from the camera feed along the wiring harness that leads back to the CHMSL , etc. on the passenger side. There were connections for all of the leads on the HU except for the power. I should say that there is a dual connection for the power. There is a bullet connector that comes of the head unit but then there is a second power (red) connector off of that. I am not sure where that goes. I am assuming that goes to the reverse lead for the backup lights but I am not sure which wire that is or how to get to it under the dash.

TIA!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The reverse wire is the white/gray wire in the loom in the passenger foot well. I don't know about the rest.

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-22-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:59 AM
gsg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
The reverse wire is the white/gray wire in the loom in the passenger foot well. I don't know about the rest.

Thank you sooo much. I will work on this later and let you know.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
gsg
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Ok I have the unit wired and when I go into setup the camer on the utilities in the HU I see that the camera is showing the image! Yea! But when I put into reverse it does not change the view on the HU. so I am still stymied. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have never done the camera installation so I have no idea. Check that you wired it per the instructions and maybe check the settings.

Quick Reply: Wiring 2010 JK Backup camera