Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

wire from A-pillar to behind glove box..

Old 08-18-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wire from A-pillar to behind glove box..

i just got my RR A-pillar switch panel and 4 switches.i need to get the +/- wires to my Bluesea fuse panel i put behind my glove box.what's the best way to get the wires across the under side of the dash??

Has anyone done this....and yes i did a search and what i am looking for does not come up.

TKS Dave
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did something similar a month ago or so on a 2011.

I wired up the switches with long wires. About 8ft or so. I didn't know how much I would need to I wanted to be safe. Turns out I cut off quite a lot of wire in the end.

I zip-tied all the wires at about 1ft spacings and covered the bundle in plastic wire loom.

I popped off the side panel on the dash and fed the wires through under the dash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1081796884.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	355707

Name:	image-836284708.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	355709

Then I zip-tied that to an existing wire bundle to keep it clear from the steering shaft.

Name:	image-3968595689.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	355708

I fed the wire bundle behind the heating / vents and finally through to behind the glovebox. Using zip-ties where needed to keep the wire hidden and not touching anything that moved such as heating controls.

It's not hard to do.

Best of luck!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

TKS,i will b trying to deal with that today.....hopefully i will get some pics of the install as well.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

i finished the job,didn't get any pics though.when i got started i didn't stop.but i had 8 wires to run across the jeep.i ended up running the ground wires across the top of the dash and the 4 hot wires across the bottom of the dash.then the 4 colored wires thru the fire wall into the engine bay.only one is being used at the moment.but the intire job is complete.
i do not like the finish of the RR switch panel in the '12 jk.it's close and looks ok,but it's not quite right.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old fart
i finished the job,didn't get any pics though.when i got started i didn't stop.but i had 8 wires to run across the jeep.i ended up running the ground wires across the top of the dash and the 4 hot wires across the bottom of the dash.then the 4 colored wires thru the fire wall into the engine bay.only one is being used at the moment.but the intire job is complete.
i do not like the finish of the RR switch panel in the '12 jk.it's close and looks ok,but it's not quite right.
Good job.

I have the same situation on a couple of fronts. First being, I wired up all my switches, fuses and relays, but only the windshield lights are actually being used. The other switches are for future projects. Second front is regarding the RR switch pod. I have a 2011 Jeep with the new interior but the pod is for older models. It's fits, sort of. There is a big gap at the bottom and the color (dark grey) is a slightly different color.

Quick Reply: wire from A-pillar to behind glove box..