Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Windshield lights - Show me what you got

Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No pics but I have the Rigid Industries 3" dually LEDs, they are nice cause they are super low profile but almost too low (lose light on off the hood) but still pretty effective.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bucko
No pics but I have the Rigid Industries 3" dually LEDs, they are nice cause they are super low profile but almost too low (lose light on off the hood) but still pretty effective.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KC 6" Daylighters on Smittybilt Brackets.

My signature line is a link if you want to see more pics.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

freebies off dad's pathfinder. PIAA 550. took me forever to find a cover for these.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tried skimming through 500 posts, I likely missed it, but...

Is anyone running their lights through the factory fog light switch on the turn signal lever? I replaced my factory bumper with an aftermarket. The factory wires (for now) are just taped to the back of the bumper. I don't really see myself needing more than one set of lights and I think the windshield would be the best choice for mounting that single pair.

Anyone else using the factory switch? Any idea what it's rated for (maximum wattage it can safely handle)?

Thanks for your help,
DrPhil
Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drphil

Is anyone running their lights through the factory fog light switch on the turn signal lever? I replaced my factory bumper with an aftermarket. The factory wires (for now) are just taped to the back of the bumper. I don't really see myself needing more than one set of lights and I think the windshield would be the best choice for mounting that single pair.

Anyone else using the factory switch? Any idea what it's rated for (maximum wattage it can safely handle)?

Thanks for your help,
DrPhil
I'm unsure on the wattage and such but I'm sure you could just use the lead to trip the relay and get actual power from the battery. That might be the easiest way to avoid dealing with the canbus issues that might shut em off if it tries to draw too much. Idk, my two cents
Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drphil

Thanks for your help,
DrPhil
i read somewhere here that it's only rated 55w, but i'm sure there's a way around it, i've seen someone do it. i'm sure someone will chime in with more info on this...this hive buzzes with lots of knowledge!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by apeezee
I'm unsure on the wattage and such but I'm sure you could just use the lead to trip the relay and get actual power from the battery. That might be the easiest way to avoid dealing with the canbus issues that might shut em off if it tries to draw too much. Idk, my two cents
Originally Posted by AlphaRomeo15
i read somewhere here that it's only rated 55w, but i'm sure there's a way around it, i've seen someone do it. i'm sure someone will chime in with more info on this...this hive buzzes with lots of knowledge!
yeah, and 55w's isnt that great, BUT, it's better than nothing at this point. of course, not sure how many manufacturers make the round lights in only 55w form. i'd just hate to waste that switch...i'll come up with something. definitely want to hear feedback from anybody out there with experience doing this.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

This should answer your question:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...termarket-fogs
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

6" KC Long Range Daylighters 130 watt on RR brkts, KC covers

Quick Reply: Windshield lights - Show me what you got