Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Windshield lights - Show me what you got

Old 05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Work in Progress - JK
Old trick anytime you have metal-on-metal take electrical tape and tape it to the back of the bracket, cut around so you cannot see it from the front, and screw it in place - used it many times.
What I did on my JK was cutting a piece of old Big Rig brake diafragm (1/8" thick rubber, got it at a big rig repair shop, out of the trash can) to the shape and perforations of the bracket. Works wonders!!! no paint damage, doesn't deform with temperature nad most important no rattleing.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IPF 968 lights on MBRP brackets.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are mine-- 2 sets KC Slimlites on KC brackets ---Pro Comp bar on bumper.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Do any of you guys have problems with glare on the hood/windshield? Since I installed mine, the few times I've had to use them it seems like the light is reflecting off the plastic brackets covering the lights and hitting the windshield a bit. Any suggestions?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

I have no problems with my hood. It depends on how you aim your lights and what beam pattern you use. And also, brighter colors reflect more than darker colors.

I know some light plastic covers are transculent and will reflect some light back at you. I use a KC grille and it doesn't reflect much. If you already have a grille, paint it flat black and it will not reflect anything.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xombiexplox
Do any of you guys have problems with glare on the hood/windshield? Since I installed mine, the few times I've had to use them it seems like the light is reflecting off the plastic brackets covering the lights and hitting the windshield a bit. Any suggestions?
If you have Fogs up there, move them down to the bumper area (as I did). Pencil-beam long-range work GREAT on the windshield brackets with no noticable glare. I have 8" 130W KC long-range on windshield and use them the most of all my lights on the front - highly recommended....
Old 05-18-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

[IMG][/IMG]

KC brackets and lightforce 170 strikers. lightforce offers an optional HID kit, but i think they are bright enough as-is. set up to a tight beam, no noticeable glare off hood.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

rugged ridge brackets and procomp lights, painted the covers black
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2283..jpg
Views:	336
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	68402  
Old 05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
They give you a stupid bracket to hold it back but I think it looked better bent.
[IMG][/IMG]
Nice antenna!...
Freaking sweet ideal!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by xombiexplox
I have no issues with the amber light on my PIAAs, but I think bright white lamps will become an issue.

Quick Reply: Windshield lights - Show me what you got