Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Windshield Foglamp instillation

Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Foglamp instillation

Hi new to the boards. I have a 2008 JK. I just bought the KC windshield mount brackets which I already installed. I am at a complete loss though on how to install the KC slim lites (item #97048 20). I have no electrical experience but am a quick learner with mechanics. I could really use some help with step by step instillation along with pictures. Appreciate any help.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Maybe this will help. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/hella-rallye-4000-modified-install-17622/ There are some other write ups in the write-up forum.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDubya22
Hi new to the boards. I have a 2008 JK. I just bought the KC windshield mount brackets which I already installed. I am at a complete loss though on how to install the KC slim lites (item #97048 20). I have no electrical experience but am a quick learner with mechanics. I could really use some help with step by step instillation along with pictures. Appreciate any help.
And welcome to the forum! The write up section has an amazing amount of information and ideas available. Also, the project jk operation and maintenance section is very useful: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-j...n-maintenance/

Just call in sick for a few days and read through it all!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Alright thanks guys. Glad to find an message board this extensive just for JK
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Welcome! May I ask why you prefer to mount your fogs up so high? I'm worried you might run into glare problems off your hood cause the fog beam patter is low and wide...just sayin.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkJason
Welcome! May I ask why you prefer to mount your fogs up so high? I'm worried you might run into glare problems off your hood cause the fog beam patter is low and wide...just sayin.
Exactly!
Fog lights are not designed to be mounted at the windshield height, but rather low and towards the ground, so they disperse the light properly and cur through fog.

Perhaps the OP is just using fogs as a term such as aux. light, and realy meaning driving lights.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think he is on the right track, (item #97048 20) is Quadratec's part number for the KC HiLiTES SlimLite 130W Super White Long Range Pair Pack in Black. Good choice by the way, thats what I have on the windshield!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

RubiRascal is right. They are more long range and not fog lights. I just said that as a generic name for the lights on the windshield. I am still looking for a good write up. I'm sure there is one on here somewhere.

Quick Reply: Windshield Foglamp instillation