Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Windsheild Mount Offroad Lights

Old 12-07-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the brackets for the windshield lights i want to run them so that they come on with the high beams i was thinking of running a relay under the hood out of the way with a wire spliced from the high beam wire to the switch prong on the relay that way i won't have to put a switch on the inside of the cab.

Will this work or will it mess things up i figure it will seeing as how there will be a direct power to the relay and a ground all the jumper wire from the head light would do it tell the relay to creat the circuit but im unsure can someone back me up on this

And what lights should i run any input would be awesome and thank you in advance

Last edited by JKJeepJunkie; 12-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is exactly how I wired driving lights into my highbeam circuit with my F150. Makes it nice when you flip the highs on and get four lights instead of just two brighter ones. Since it is just turning on a relay it won't load the circuit enough for you to have any fuse problems, it should almost be invisible to the high beam circuit.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by genesbro
That is exactly how I wired driving lights into my highbeam circuit with my F150. Makes it nice when you flip the highs on and get four lights instead of just two brighter ones. Since it is just turning on a relay it won't load the circuit enough for you to have any fuse problems, it should almost be invisible to the high beam circuit.
^agreed. As for the lights, we carry the 6D led which would be perfect for the windshield mount.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by genesbro
Awesome thats what i was wondering would it draw to much
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blitzpro.com

^agreed. As for the lights, we carry the 6D led which would be perfect for the windshield mount.
Do you have a picture of them light your talking about and how much will it hurt the bank
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JKJeepJunkie
Do you have a picture of them light your talking about and how much will it hurt the bank
$60 free shipping. At these prices, your wallet will thank you. Still have money leftover for a 6 pack

Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I personally wouldn't wire the lights to the high beams, I would run an independent switch. You will seriously blind someone if you forget to dim them when driving on the street
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I personally wouldn't wire the lights to the high beams, I would run an independent switch. You will seriously blind someone if you forget to dim them when driving on the street
I never run them on the road unless its for 2 seconds to flash some body who has theres on i live in spartanburg south carolina you would not believe how many people ride with there highs on here
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blitzpro.com

$60 free shipping. At these prices, your wallet will thank you. Still have money leftover for a 6 pack
Where do i order them at blitz pro.com? And do they come as a pair or just 1

Last edited by JKJeepJunkie; 12-08-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJeepJunkie

I never run them on the road unless its for 2 seconds to flash some body who has theres on i live in spartanburg south carolina you would not believe how many people ride with there highs on here
Lol. Well that will definitely teach them a lesson

Quick Reply: Windsheild Mount Offroad Lights