Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Will these fit a stock base system?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these fit a stock base system?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine 1.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	523066Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine 2.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	523067Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine 3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	523068Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine 4.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	523069

I found this speaker of Ebay and was wondering if it will fit as a direct replacement for the front dash and rear sound bar speakers.

2 Pairs Alpine SXE1725S 2yr Wnty 6 5" 880W Full Range Car Audio Stereo Speakers 793276011350 | eBay

As you can see they are not all that expensive but would have to sound better then that stock base system. I'm just wondering if they would be a plug and play install or would some modifications be needed. Thank for the input.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they will fit, but remember you are replacing the stock 2 ohm speaker with a 4 ohm speaker so you are essentially cutting the amplifier power in half. They will sound better but won't be as loud which will matter when you take the top off.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"fit" and "direct replacement" are two very different things.

They will "fit" in the stock locations but adapter rings will be needed (the front, maybe. the sound bar, definitely"

What Mattk11 said, however, is not true for the base system at least. The non-infinity system does not have an amp and the head unit puts out a 4ohm signal.

There will for sure be a noticeable difference, but don't expect much. They won't get louder than now, but there will be a tiny bit more bass. Be sure to stuff the enclosures with polyfill when you're doing this. It is too cheap to pass on.

There will also be ether wire adapters needed, or some snipping/crimping involved.

Personally, if you're looking for a very simple, cheap speaker upgrade, I would get a set of the Boston Acoustics mopar replacements (model 5081670AB) that can be had for under $30 each, or the Kicker replacements (77KICK10) that can be found for about $75 per pair. These are all direct plug and play speakers. same connectors so no wire cutting or adapters to buy. same mounting size and speaker ring built in so non of those to buy. You come out being near the same price for a much easier, better quality option.

To finish, replacing the rear speakers still won't do much good. The factory head unit almost completely cuts the power to these (turn your fade from front to back and you'll hear it.)

The only way to fix this is either a new head unit or a new amp (or both)
Old 01-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 408 Likes on 383 Posts

Yo, You definitely want to look at the MOPAR Kicker speakers,, direct fit, perfect fit, matches the factory connectors and sound great.. designed to work with the standard Radio.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

These will all fit, they come with mounting brackets to fit. Use foam tape to seal off as much air as you can. Especially in your sound bar.

Something like this:
JVCC SCF-01 Single Coated Foam Tape (low density) at FindTape.com

I"m an Alpine nut! These are decent speakers however I would not run these off a stock HU. For the amount of time you are going to put in and losing your tweeter, I'll just keep the stock system because the difference in sound is not going to be that much different. Your sounds aren't going to be much louder but it will be clearer. It would better if you threw in a component set and run off your stock HU.

And no, you are not going to get any significant bass by replacing your stock speakers with 2way speakers. It doesn't matter what kind of speaker especially without an amp. Or maybe my definition of bass is different then yours.

Last edited by ooohhdave; 01-12-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the information. Looks like the real answer is to get a new head unit and/or and amp with new speakers. I should have listened to the sales guy when I bought the jeep and gotten the upgraded system. Who knew he was telling the truth.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JRD725
Thanks guys for the information. Looks like the real answer is to get a new head unit and/or and amp with new speakers. I should have listened to the sales guy when I bought the jeep and gotten the upgraded system. Who knew he was telling the truth.
Not exactly. The infinity system still leaves much to be desired. And for the price, you can get a much better system if you do it yourself

I personally kept the stock radio (it's pretty weather resistant and thieves don't want it) and it actually has decent sound when paired with good equipment

If you want to keep your stock radio, all you need is

1)The PAC AOEM-CHR3 ($35)
2)A 4 channel amp (I use a kicker marine amp to hold up to the elements)
3)Speakers (I use the kicker DS components up front and coaxials in the sound bar.

This together gave me an amazing setup for the money. I wasn't looking for Bose quality (doesn't do much good with the top and doors off) and I didn't want to spend a grand on my radio that constantly gets rained on and is in the sun all day.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
Not exactly. The infinity system still leaves much to be desired. And for the price, you can get a much better system if you do it yourself

I personally kept the stock radio (it's pretty weather resistant and thieves don't want it) and it actually has decent sound when paired with good equipment

If you want to keep your stock radio, all you need is

1)The PAC AOEM-CHR3 ($35)
2)A 4 channel amp (I use a kicker marine amp to hold up to the elements)
3)Speakers (I use the kicker DS components up front and coaxials in the sound bar.

This together gave me an amazing setup for the money. I wasn't looking for Bose quality (doesn't do much good with the top and doors off) and I didn't want to spend a grand on my radio that constantly gets rained on and is in the sun all day.
Did you add an aftermarket woofer? I was thinking about the Kicker Hideaway. Is it worth the money?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Crutchfield.com

My Polks were a direct fit and they were plug-n-play. Sound great and the price was right. Pair that with an Infinity Bass link sub and amp(all in one) and even the stock head unit sounds good.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

I haven't added one yet. The amp and speakers I added (along with polyfill in the enclosures) added more bass than the stock sub has

I've read good reviews about the kicker hideaway but it's not what I wanted for my specific application.

And If all you do is add new speakers, the sound bar still isn't going to put out any more volume. (Did you try the front-to-back thing I mentioned)

Quick Reply: Will these fit a stock base system?