Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Will mygig work in my jeep?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will mygig work in my jeep?

Let me start by saying I'm not an electronics wizard, so bare with me when explaining this stuff to me. I want to get an in dash navigation/ DVD player for my Jeep. Right now I have the factory single disc cd player with the infinity upgrade. The factory speakers are fine for my needs, so I don't want to change any of that. Can I get a MYGIG and put in there? If so what would I be missing to make this work? I wouldn't mind an aftermarket unit, but I don't want to be cutting wires, and hacking up the dash. Are there any units that fit the factory hole in the dash, and Does somebody make wiring adaptors to mate an aftermarket radio up to factory wiring? I need some advise on the best way to get this done.
Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

you can do the whole mygig thing, but you could save a lot of money and aggravation getting the bluetooth working by going with a double din pioneer or kenwood.......many have bluetooth built in.

that wouldn't be a difficult install and it would look clean.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MyGig will work, and should take all of about 20 minutes to install.

its plug and play
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah, mygig will work.....but if you want to save a grand and have bluetooth, you can do something like this.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WaIIbanger
yeah, mygig will work.....but if you want to save a grand and have bluetooth, you can do something like this.

What model of pioneer radio is this, and it will fit the hole in the dash? Also what about wiring?
Old 02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NITRORC pilot
What model of pioneer radio is this, and it will fit the hole in the dash? Also what about wiring?
it's the Pioneer AVIC-D2. i don't know much about it. i was just giving you an example. that radio is only $550.

Quick Reply: Will mygig work in my jeep?