Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

who uses d2's while driving

Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Use your lighting respectfully.
Exactly. Mine are hooked to my high beams. We need them here for night time driving on the highway. Even the police force highway patrol cars have them for night patrols.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Dually's in spot pattern in the factory fog light location along with the Hellfire HID kit and I get flashed on average once every 15 cars. It's a little annoying but when I get fed up with the flashing I just reach up to my SPOD and flip on my windshield mounted D2's and my hood mounted 10" SR bar....i think that makes them think twice before flashing the next time!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lucas041583
i think that makes them think twice before flashing the next time!
You might want to "think twice" about that.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Dually's in spot pattern in the factory fog light location along with the Hellfire HID kit and I get flashed on average once every 15 cars. It's a little annoying but when I get fed up with the flashing I just reach up to my SPOD and flip on my windshield mounted D2's and my hood mounted 10" SR bar....i think that makes them think twice before flashing the next time!
Is the hellfire kit in your stock headlights? How do you like them?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like a good way to take a hand full of spark plugs to your front end.

As a guy who struggles to drive at night but to a blast trauma, often times stock light seem bright. Nothing like having someone with high beams or those stupid "I'm so modded" blue/hi out put lights in your face while your trying to drive home"
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 01svtL
Is the hellfire kit in your stock headlights? How do you like them?
The Hellfire kit is AWESOME and I actually have not had anyone flicker their lights at me while only using the Hellfire HID's. The only thing I will say is that the high beams are not great but the low beams are so bright you don't need the high beams. I only get flashed at when I have my Dually's on so if you are considering the Hellfire kit I wouldn't hesitate whatsoever.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would get you shot in Texas.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i only use them when needed and i try not to use them when i can see oncoming traffic.

Quick Reply: who uses d2's while driving