Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Who has the 2013 Alpine premium sound system?

Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep5
I traded my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with the Infinity system last week for the 2013 Sahara with the Alpine(not because of the sound system).

I immediately noticed a difference in the two. To my ear the Alpine has less punch and clarity. The Alpine system is still great for a stock unit but in comparing the two Infinity just had more volume and better sound.

Ive also noticed Jeep is not advertising the specs...wattage information on the "Premium" Alpine system for the Wrangler.

This is minor. The overall refinements between the two year models are very thoughtful.
Here you go, The Alpine mention in Jeep Brochure....I agree, Alpine just doesn't hit like the Harman/Infinity does/did...

Attachment 435982
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Default Alpine got the Contract back in 2011

[h=1]Alpine Electronics Wins Multi-Year Contract with Chrysler[/h] Back June 2, 2011
[h=2]Alpine named supplier of premium audio for Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram vehicles[/h]DETROIT (June 1, 2011) – Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., the industry-leading provider of mobile media solutions, has been awarded a multi-year contract to supply premium branded audio to Chrysler Group LLC. The agreement calls for Alpine to supply premium audio systems for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram models.
Alpine’s latest offerings for Chrysler include a 7.1 surround sound system available on the 2011 Dodge Durango, Dodge Charger, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300. Alpine has created custom audio systems for Chrysler since first partnering on the 2003 Dodge Viper.
“With Chrysler’s newest vehicle lineup, it’s clear the automaker doesn’t want its customers to sacrifice anything in the way of quality and style,” said Jim O’Neill, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “Working hand in hand with Chrysler, this agreement allows us to develop precise, premium audio packages customized to complement each vehicle so that drivers can enjoy concert-quality sound on the road.”
Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Maybe the Muddy sound, that some say and how many of us think the Harman Kardon's Infinity System sounded better (higher end company) Might be due to Infinity's OEM and Aftermarket are 2ohm while Alpine may be 4ohm, as they have no 2ohm for aftermarket and their News Release of 2013 speakers, none are 2ohm...What do you thinkl????

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like mine had a fosgate system in my last rig and this did take some adjusting but sounds really good bass is nice and mids an highs are as well just need to play with it more
Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

had a 08 JKUR and now a 2013 JKUR both premium sound systems. The Alpine.....sucked so back that I invested in a complete overhaul. Way to muddy and not eq what so ever.....people that say it's just as good as the infinity ..... hell no it just plain out sucks.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Have the Infinity in my 12 JKU...Sounded alright for stock...Head unit has lots of features and fits well - changed speakers in front and soundbar ( Alpines ) added 12" sub everything all is good...All to say stock was not bad...
Old 03-20-2013, 02:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Have the Infinity in my 12 JKU...Sounded alright for stock...Head unit has lots of features and fits well - changed speakers in front and soundbar ( Alpines ) added 12" sub everything all is good...All to say stock was not bad...
Old 03-20-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12 Arctic Unlimited
He asked about the alpine system not infinity
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

I agree with doschmafia. I like mine and it hits just fine, in fact I have to turn down bass with GF in the jeep she says it hurts her head with that much bass and it will rattle the mirrors and sounds crisp. you just have to play with the EQ a little. In fact it wasnt until doschmafia pointed out what he did that i got it to sound like that. I thought it sounded kinda crappy til then
Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 2012 was totaled and I am picking my 2013 up today and it has the Alpine.
Being a long time Alpine fan I was pretty excited until I read this thread.
Oh well, its a Jeep and the audio isn't a deciding factor on buying one.

Side Note, I have a Chrysler 200 rental for now.....and the audio in that thing is amazing!!

Quick Reply: Who has the 2013 Alpine premium sound system?