Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Who has the 2013 Alpine premium sound system?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy with my 13 Alpine and 730N.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure if the components are the same, but the Land Rover LR2 I used to own had an Alpine "premium" system in it. The sound was muddy, with weak bass. How weak?? The woofer was a 6" with one of those bose like tubes snaking around the spare tire.

VERY unimpressed with that system.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

My 2010 came with the premium navigation and I sold it after a few times being warrantied. I have since then put in two different Aftermarket Navigation systems and spent lots of money on speakers, amps and such.
Now I have removed my rear amps and replaced them with a nice power converter. I'm ditching my fancy city Kenwood Nav for a "Real" data plotter and weather station type Nav.
I guess the point I'm getting at is Jeep puts in the stereos to try to please everyone and probably hard to do
Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Who has the 2013 Alpine premium sound system?

I had a 2012 and a 2010 wrangler with the stock stereo and the stereo was okay. Over the weekend I bought a 2013 unlimited with the upgraded Alpine system and it sounds much better then stock, but not as good as the Infinity in the Sahara I test drove.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Alpine vs Infinity

I'd really love to see a side by side comparison of the speakers.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wharris_jr
Alpine is a great system didn't realize they went to alpine in 2013 - why the departure from infinity?
I suspect the main reason was Alpine bid and received the new contract. I wouldn't attribute it to cost savings; afterall, my 2012 Wrangler doesn't have some of the amenities of the 2013----softer, fuller seats; auto-dim rearview mirror, dual wiper sprayers...and I heard that they revised the door seals to make them close easier. I realize these doors are triple-sealed for water protection, but mine take more than average effort to close. But the vehicle world is replete with new suppliers coming onboard during a model year change....and 2013 was a small but still useful tweaking. I guess I'm one of the few who likes the Sahara's new wheels versus my 2012s.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Took mine in they ordered a speaker for the sound bar. Have not taken it in yet for it to be replaced but it sounds like the other speakers are sounding more and more like crap every day that goes by. Comparing this to a 2012 i had. This sound quality is not acceptable for a vehicle with the price tag. I am going to see if they will replace the Amplifier. I think the new Amp from Alpine is causing all the problems. Everyone that listens to mine that drives a Wrangler with the Infinity system say the same thing.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zxsaint
I'd really love to see a side by side comparison of the speakers.
Agreed side by side comparison
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another update on mine.

Still sounds like shit and i keep taking it back. So far they have replaced, All 4 speakers and 2 of them twice, Amp, Tweeters.

I keep telling them its the Amp, but they ordered "Infinity" speakers from the 12'. They said its a different part number and the price difference is almost double, from the "Alpine" speakers.

Time will tell if i can get them to order the Infinity amp.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swiber
Another update on mine.

Still sounds like shit and i keep taking it back. So far they have replaced, All 4 speakers and 2 of them twice, Amp, Tweeters.

I keep telling them its the Amp, but they ordered "Infinity" speakers from the 12'. They said its a different part number and the price difference is almost double, from the "Alpine" speakers.

Time will tell if i can get them to order the Infinity amp.
I have to agree,the sound in my 08 sahara was a lot better than my 13 sahara.Guess infinity had a much better system.

Quick Reply: Who has the 2013 Alpine premium sound system?