Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Where did you put your sub in your 2 door?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Weav
In the write-ups section the is a guy who built his sub enclosure into the rear seat. I am going to attempt this mod soon. I don't like giving up the little bit of space we have behind the seat. If you aren't the type to take your rear seat out all the time, you might want to look into that mod.
I'll tell you what, I really don't lose hardly any space, like I said the box is only 6" high. The p
Speaker fires down so you can still stack thing on top of it without worry

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2333740913.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	311825
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have pics. I'm still working on the box. I have a temporary one for now.

But I have a Polk audio 10 inch. And a audiopipe 1000w 4 channel amp pushing it. And I can ride around with no top or doors and still hear it hit! Its a great little set up.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

I have a JL 10inch sub and a JL amp. The amp is mounted under my front seat and the 10 is quickly uninstalled for when I take the top off. And for how big the 2 door is, The bass is perfect
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-637001702.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	311831   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1263987467.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	311832  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kh202
I'll tell you what, I really don't lose hardly any space, like I said the box is only 6" high. The p
Speaker fires down so you can still stack thing on top of it without worry

Attachment 311825
I really like the look of this one. What do you think about drilling a hole into the leg on the sub enclosure and running something like a bike chain through it? I was thinking about doing that and mounting a d ring to the floor of the jeep just to make the sub more secure with the top off.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shakeman0

I really like the look of this one. What do you think about drilling a hole into the leg on the sub enclosure and running something like a bike chain through it? I was thinking about doing that and mounting a d ring to the floor of the jeep just to make the sub more secure with the top off.
Eh I suppose you could, but my theory is if they really want it, they'll take it. I'm sure a simple yank would rip the side piece off the sub and off it would go. To be honest I don't know if the sub makes that big of a difference with the top off and my flowmaster growling. But I've only had it off once, storage units get here in about a week and a half I might just take it out when topless, we'll see
Old 05-02-2012, 03:40 AM
JK Junkie

That and what would you use to secure the d ring?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

I took mine down to the local shop and they stuck a low profile 10 under the driver seat (custom built box), and a 1200 watt amp under the passenger seat. Sub fires down wich gives it a great sound. Had all componet speakers replaced at the same time, all running off the amp.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kh202
That and what would you use to secure the d ring?
The d ring would actually be bolted on through holes in the metal tub. I don't think the ring would go anywhere. I figured that people will still be able to steal it if they wanted to, but they might have to make a bit more of a scene getting it then if it was just completely loose. Or they'd at least have to have wire cutters or tear up what they were stealing. If the sub doesn't really make much of a difference with the top of any way it might just be better to take it out though.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shakeman0

The d ring would actually be bolted on through holes in the metal tub. I don't think the ring would go anywhere. I figured that people will still be able to steal it if they wanted to, but they might have to make a bit more of a scene getting it then if it was just completely loose. Or they'd at least have to have wire cutters or tear up what they were stealing. If the sub doesn't really make much of a difference with the top of any way it might just be better to take it out though.
That's what I'm thinking... Just take it out for a better piece of mind. I mean you can hear the sub is there but you don't really feel the thump when driving . Sure guys with the 1000w amps and stuff might, and I can a little too, but I'd have to have it so loud that i feel like everyone and their brother is glaring at me like look at this ass lol.. Hate to be "that guy"
Old 05-24-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Redjk07
I had two separate boxes for my two 12's. They were truck boxes moved over from my Colorado. They just happened to fit. I attached my crossovers and amps to the back of the boxes and used the seat strap to stop it all from rocking. Sounds ghetto but it was actually pretty good to me.
You fit both 12s in your trunk? did you build your truck box? Or did you buy it? If you bought it whats the name?

Quick Reply: Where did you put your sub in your 2 door?