Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What's below the console storage pocket?

Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's below the console storage pocket?

I have a 13 JKU Rubicon I want to drill a 1/2 hole in the lower part of my console storage compartment. The hole will be located in the bottom, at the back and centered on the back wall. I don't want to drill completely blind, so I am looking advice from those that have looked under the console. I am a firefighter and know from extrication classes that often the air bag module is located in this vicinity. And other components can be as we'll.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

It's not hard to unscrew and lift the console enough to see under it.

Here is a picture of one, not a 2013, though.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
It's not hard to unscrew and lift the console enough to see under it.

Here is a picture of one, not a 2013, though.
Not quite as easy on the 2011+.

Under mine is some wiring and the e-brake assembly, but I remember it being pretty spacious overall. If you remove the rear panel (by switches/cup holders) and remove the torx screws on either side, you can lift it up far enough to get a peak of where everything is.

If you want to remove everything, start up front with the shift knobs first, then start pulling the plastic pieces off.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

May I ask why? If you are looking to add switches replace the console storage compartment with a Daystar switch panel. If that's what you are doing.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mschneid
May I ask why? If you are looking to add switches replace the console storage compartment with a Daystar switch panel. If that's what you are doing.
Wanting to push a coax up through. But worked it out a different way. Thanks for all the good advice

Quick Reply: What's below the console storage pocket?