Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

what are these worth?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are these worth?

Hey guys I bought a old truck from a guy and these speakers were in them still in the box. they are a a/d/s/ 325is kit 4", tweets and crossovers. Also an Orion 225HCCA amp. I know these were good products back in the 80s and 90s and just woundering if any of you stereo guys could tell me what they might be worth today. A friend of the guy who sold me the truck has a hardon for the amp and speakers but I dont know what they are worth. Thanks guys
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't find a value on those but a/d/s was a VERY high end audio supplier. They are/were among the best speakers out there. They are obviously older speakers.

Since you have them...USE 'EM!!! They will rpobably still sound INCREDIBLE!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any things better than a stock jeep speaker!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those old A/D/S speakers were the shizzle back in the mid/late 90s. And the Orion HCCA amps were some of the best back around that time as well. You may find a buyer on the DIYMA.com forums. There tends to be a lot of old school stuff on there. If you have an application for those products I would use them. Those speakers will sound great, and that amp will provide more than enough power for them. As far as "worth", maybe a couple hundred bux for each. Good luck!!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

The speakers are good. Probably somebody doing an old rebuild would be in the market for them. The amp is still the shit. Most people that have them don't want to let go of them. THey go anywhere from 120-200 dollars depending on the model you have and if it is still in good shape.

Quick Reply: what are these worth?