Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What style rear view camera should i get?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What style rear view camera should i get?

i just got this navtool interface JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED 2007-2013 VIDEO IN MOTION, NAVIGATION IN MOTION, AUDIO/VIDEO IN AND OUT INTERFACE

Can any recommend style or type of camera i should get?

i got 2012 JK
Old 04-29-2015, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Crux CCH-01W Rear-view camera for select 2007-up Jeep Wrangler models at Crutchfield.com
Old 04-29-2015, 10:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

what are you using the unit for, to have a backup camera or to leave it on when driving to see whats behind you? If as a backup camera, you can get inexpensive 170 degree angle cameras that work just fine on amazon - the flush mount Gino is one of the more popular ones. If you are going to use it when driving to see behind you, I'd suggest trying to find a camera that has a low viewing angle. Mine has a 120 degree viewing angle and its good in that it lets me see in my blind spots easily, but ideally I would have been able to find one at a 60 degree angel to let me see further behind me.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

i seen this one , quality of image is very poor
Old 05-03-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

With this nav tool adapter, did you have to take the head unit to the dealer to get the codes put in? (I've got the 430 without Sirius /xm options or nav)
Old 05-06-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jonboy74
what are you using the unit for, to have a backup camera or to leave it on when driving to see whats behind you? If as a backup camera, you can get inexpensive 170 degree angle cameras that work just fine on amazon - the flush mount Gino is one of the more popular ones. If you are going to use it when driving to see behind you, I'd suggest trying to find a camera that has a low viewing angle. Mine has a 120 degree viewing angle and its good in that it lets me see in my blind spots easily, but ideally I would have been able to find one at a 60 degree angel to let me see further behind me.
I'm interested in this, once I install my LOD bumper/tire carrier with trail rack my rear view vision is going to be severely compromized. I'd like to replace my rearview mirror with a 6 or 7" screen and a camera, what are you using for the screen?
Old 05-08-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jonboy74
have this one and love it
Old 05-08-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by momentofszen
have this one and love it
Me too!
Old 05-08-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Not all states but many have HUGE fines for viewing any video from the drivers point of view while underway
Old 05-10-2015, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Not all states but many have HUGE fines for viewing any video from the drivers point of view while underway
In California as long as the monitor is used for rear-view it is legal. Not sure about the other states.

I'm running a monitor like this:

10 2'' TFT Screen Car Rearview Mirror Monitor with Touch Button Control Remote | eBay

Flipped the rear view mirror upside down and have the monitor snugged up against the sPod switch panel. It doesn't sit any lower than the stock mirror does. It stretches the image (instead of cropping, which would have been far better for rear view) but it works well.

Quick Reply: What style rear view camera should i get?