Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What set of lights?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose a little. I've got them aimed so not much of the focused beam hits the hood, but there is still quite a bit of diffused light hitting the hood. If that makes any sense. They are so bright I don't know if it would make much difference unless your trying to illuminate a few feet in front of the vehicle.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't seem to have much range, are they supposed to augment the stock low beams and act as a flood light?

They look like they would be good for tight wooded trails and rock crawling.

Myself, I went with the longest range possible because I want to see obstacles and animals as far ahead as possible when I am doing 50 - 60 mph up the back roads I frequent.

I do love the way the Rigids look though! I love your orange Jeep too!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd say they have a good solid 300' range and maybe 100' wide depending how far out from the lights your looking. In my experience it's always been the deer that jumps out 50-100' in front of you that you hit, not the one you see a 1/4 mile ahead. I don't think the pics I posted do these light justice.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 100% with your statement about the deer. I already hit one this fall. He survived, my front left fender did not. Thank god our vehicles are made out of lego! lol Ironically my KC's arrived the next day.
I'm not saying that I would have seen the deer with them, but since I've added them, I've spotted many critters eyes and had the opportunity to slow down from 65 MPH

I love how much light they give on wet roads when the stock wattage hella high beams just seem to get absorbed by the night.

Distance aside, the huge advantage the LED's have over any halogen KC's is longevity. My 130 watt units have a max bulb life expectancy of 200 hours. Your are rated for 100,000 hours! Needless to say I'll be taking advantage of KC's 23 year warranty at some point.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I may add some PIAA 525's after I swap front bumpers because I believe I can legally use them on the road here.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsboening

They are from Black Diamond Fabrication. Great quality and no antenna interference. I'm really impressed with them.
I like them. Where did you pick them up?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got them from John at Off Road Warehouse. He's on the forum. The brackets are from Black Diamond Fabrication. Pm me if you want info on BDF he's not a sponsor here, but I'd vouch for him.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsboening
I got them from John at Off Road Warehouse. He's on the forum. The brackets are from Black Diamond Fabrication. Pm me if you want info on BDF he's not a sponsor here, but I'd vouch for him.
Cool thanks

Quick Reply: What set of lights?