Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What do I need for this light set up?

Old 11-14-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need for this light set up?

I need for some experienced light guys to chime in here and let me know what all I'll need for this light system to work.

Wanting to run 2 KC slimlight 130watt's on the sides of the windshield and then 2 KC slimlight 100watts on the bumper... What will I need as far as dual batteries, wiring, switches... etc? Im clueless.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put 130w daylighters (spot)on the windshield and on the bumper (driving). Used the KC wiring harnesses directly to the battery and an add-a-circuit to an acc slot in the fuse box for the switches (mounted on the A pillar). Stock battery is fine for those lights. Took about an hour to wire including clean-up (putting wires in loom, ties, etc.).
Old 11-14-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

I have that exact same set-up on my 2011 (130's on the windshield, 100's on the bumper). I'm running stock battery with the rugged ridge A pillar switch pod. It took me about 3 hours to run it all (I took my time routing the wires). No problems so far, and I do plan on upgrading my battery down the road shortly. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The KCs are a good choice, they're well made, includes a wiring loom and switch and have decent well written install instructions, you'll be fine. No need for dual batteries yet, but useful addition later.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

The KC's do come with switches?

I wish I could find a video of the light install, wiring and switch install but I cant.. Probably just harder than Im imagining it to be.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyEng875
The KC's do come with switches? I wish I could find a video of the light install, wiring and switch install but I cant.. Probably just harder than Im imagining it to be.
Many vendors sell KC lights, taken one forum sponser's website :

"KC offers their SlimLites Series featuring high-impact plastic stone guards with optical quality glass lenses and precision polished reflectors for maximum clarity and light projection. Pair packs include 2 lights with applicable covers or stone guards and a pre-terminated relay style wiring harness.

Their wiring includes a switch. You'll be fine, a little common sense and follow KC's well written instructions.

Last edited by westchester; 11-15-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: What do I need for this light set up?