Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What did I do? Remote Start

Old 05-03-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What did I do? Remote Start

Hi guys,
I really need some help now. I was trying to install a remote start on my JK. Bought the bypass PKU CH2X which Bulldog sec. said I would need. I hooked it all up, lights came on but didn't crank the motor.
Here's where I screwed up...
I tried to swap a wire, tried to crank again and nothing, dead remote... I quickly disconnected everything and now I'm getting a message "no fuse" on the dash where the odometer is. I have no constant power to the ignition, which was working before I swapped that wire. No interior lights until I turn the key, 2 sec delay when I turn the key to crank, and stays running 1 sec after I take out the key and funny thing, the wipers wipe once when I start it. I went to lock the doors and the key remote doesn't work. Also the radio clock goes to 12:00 everytime I take the key out. I checked all the fuses and they are fine, Not sure about the relays which I think is the problem... I checked out those diagnostic codes and "no fuse" didn't show up. I know I didn't fry anything because it starts and runs ok. HELP!!! lol
Thanks I hope I explained this well...
Old 05-03-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good god thats my worst nightmare come true....electronics hate me...and i hate them I paid a pro to do my truck, and after reading this Ill do the same on the Jeep.....Good luck getting it worked out..Ill be interested to see what ya find out.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, I wish I could help you, I have remote start but I ordered it that way.
It sounds to me that the computer thinks someone was trying to steal it and does not recognize your key anylonger. You may be in need of Dealer assistance.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Well I think I'm zeroing in on the problem...
According to this website, if you pull the IOD fuse, you get that message

won't let me post the website address

I'm gonna go try it now and let you know if I reset it.
I'm guessing/hoping that if it's blown, I can replace it
Old 05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Well I tried to pull the IOD fuse, it popped up waited but didn't reset :(
I removed to neg to the battery for about a min and the horn beeped 2 X's when I reconnected it so I thought it reset then. But still the same situation

I'm an ASS!!! lol

Still searching.....
Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

SOLVED!!!

Upon more research on the web and trying to figure it out, I narrowed it down to 3 fuses. The M10, M11 and M13... All associated with the IOD fuse. The M13 was the culprit. Replaced it and everything back to normal WHEW!!

Gonna give it another shot tomorrow installing it. Will let you guys know which fuse I fry this time!! HAHA

Quick Reply: What did I do? Remote Start