Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

What 50" Light bar and mounts to get?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would go with Baja Designs. They put out REAL light. Another awesome thing about BD lights is that they are user serviceable. If something happens, you can replace parts yourself. Unlike the other guys. Run far far away from the Chinese stuff. Sounds like a deal until it arrives, and puts out sub par light. Then in about a month or two it craps out. Spend a bit more and have quality.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleted by --- duplicate post ---
Old 06-13-2015, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DustinJK15
Thanks for the quick response. What was the price for the rock krawler bar? And what site did u get them from? After I made this post I saw a little older one with everyone recommending inspired engineering light bars. Any opinions on them?
My bad, I didn't realize until this morning what I had typed.... I should have typed "Crawler Conceptz" ... It's their JK Ultra Series 50" Light Bar Mount - 50-LM-00. I picked it up at northridge4x4, they go for 199.00 w/free shipping. I got is for a little less w/military discount.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
I've got a 50" Rigid SR2 bar on PSC mounts with a soft top...I don't get anymore flapping than before the lightbar on my Trektop. Maybe because it's a single row.

With everything, you get what you pay for. I went with Rigid because I live near the beach and all their components are stainless and they have a lifetime guarantee. I've seen too many people in our club buy cheaper bars (Chinese knockoff types and rebrands) and within a few months there was rust forming on the steel and zinc fasteners inside the lightbar on the reflectors, LEDs dimming, condensation and blurring on the lens. A lightbar wasn't an immediate need for me, so I waited until I could get the one I wanted. All of them are bright and will work based on what your needs are...but side by side comparison, the difference is stark.
Trektop sits a lot lower/flatter than the factory top.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330

Trektop sits a lot lower/flatter than the factory top.
It's not cuz that, probably because he has single row led. I run a trektop during the summer and it flapped unbearably when I rest put the 50 on. Plus I run a spyder shade so I can't clip the top to my soundbar anymore but I did that well after putting the 50 on. I actually use carpet padding to keep the flapping noise at bay, when the trektop flaps it has to support arches that flex and smack the soundbar and make even more noise. I got it down to a science on where to put my carpet padding when I actually put the top on. I took hard top off in April, I also took the doors and trektop off in April and haven't put anything back on since! Lol I'm enjoying it! Rain and shine!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rough Country 50"

I wont use my light bar a lot so just wanted a cheeper one that looked nice. I like my Rough Country 50" light bar that I got. Wasn't to expensive but also is pretty bright I think and has a nice bright white/blue color that looks cool vs the cheep dull ebay lights. If I could afford it however I would do the Rigid. Only thing I absolutely hate is the whistle noise it makes. Pretty shitty they dont tell you about that or make something for it and that you have to try and fix it yourself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150820_134706.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	622080  
Old 08-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor

Check out our 50" PSII LED bar or our brand new 50" S series Single row bar.

We have both of them in stock and ready to ship. We also have a fix for the whistle noise. With the fix its actually not bad on a soft top either.

We also sell the brackets, both JCR and Rough Country. Shoot me a PM and ill get you a god package deal going.

Quick Reply: What 50" Light bar and mounts to get?