Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Weird Sirius issue

Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Weird Sirius issue

Did a search and couldn't find anything relevant...

Decided to make a late night trip for some ice cream. Got in the Jeep and my radio was on FM (distinctly remember leaving it on satellite when I got out earlier). Pressed the SAT button and it flipped to satellite for about four seconds, then flipped back to FM. Every time I'd press the SAT button, it would do the same.

Came home and logged on to the Sirius website, just to make sure my account was current. Everything was fine there. Called them to get a signal refresh, even though I knew I needed it on channel 184 to get it. Turned the key, hit the SAT button, and... boom... everything was normal. Strangest thing ever.

Anyone else have this issue before?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is odd. never had that issue. I know when your account has issues (be it billing or anything) the radio will say please call 888-754-SIRI or whatever the number is. but wont flip back and forth. sounds like a hardware issue to me.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the exact same thing happen to me on Thursday 7/21. Just waited it out and now it works fine.

I think the Sirius system was having issues.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gs2offroad
Had the exact same thing happen to me on Thursday 7/21. Just waited it out and now it works fine.

I think the Sirius system was having issues.
After reading about your experience, I think you're right.

Quick Reply: Weird Sirius issue