Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Warning message on My GIG RER?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning message on My GIG RER?

I wasn't able to find anything on this subject within the forums. Is there a way to disable the warning message on the MY GIG RER when starting your Jeep? The message I am referring to is the "Important" message that displays when starting your vehicle about paying attention to the road while driving. You have to hit the "Accept" button to clear it. If there isn't a way to disable from the factory My GIG, will the Lockpick kit disable it?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Mine still pops up and I have lockpick v.2, it doesn't say anything in the manual about disabling the message. I'm assuming the warning is programed into the OS of the head unit and you can't modify it regardless of the version you are running. You could e-mail coastaletech and ask them if they have a software release that modifies it
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply put NO.....The newer RER 2.043 software update will reduce the time and automatically close the message. But disable it.....no. The reason why it can not be disabled......Chrysler Covering Their A$$...They will not leave a open hole for some sue happy bastard to take advantage of...
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks runit3. I will contact coastaltech when I order my lockpick. Seperate question... I read in another thread that you can't interface your IPOD with the 07 and 08 MY GIG. That you would still have to use the IPOD for music selection and not the MY GIG itself. Do you have an IPOD hooked up to your MY GIG?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't think the lockpick has anything to do with disabling the message.
If you update the MyGig software to a more recent version however, it will only display the message for a few seconds then go away on it's own.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NC9287JK
Thanks runit3. I will contact coastaltech when I order my lockpick. Seperate question... I read in another thread that you can't interface your IPOD with the 07 and 08 MY GIG. That you would still have to use the IPOD for music selection and not the MY GIG itself. Do you have an IPOD hooked up to your MY GIG?
It's worse for the 07-08 MyGigs. There is no interface per-say. You have to connect via the USB port and download ALL of your iPod contents to the MyGig. All of the iPod music is now copied over to the MyGig, and you use the MyGig as a player. The only way to "interface" the iPod to the MyGig is with the auxiliary jack, however you cannot control the iPod from the MyGig.

I get around all of it with my 2008 by only putting a gb worth of music on the iPod at a time, rather than transferring my entire 60gb+ library, which takes over 2 hours.

The 2010 MyGigs have fixed some of the usage issues, other members say you can re-organize the files and choose which get uploaded.

-I mentioned coastaletech because they are the only people I know of using an aftermarket plug-in to alter the MyGig OS. They disable in-motion inputs and other features so I'm assuming they MAY have the know how to program a warning turn-off.-
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks again for all the info. No need to order the IPOD interface cables then, I'll just continue to utilize the HD.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

***iPod interface cable for 2009 RER radios. Connects to the back of the radio and is fed through to either the glove box or center console, depending on your vehicle to experience iPod integration*.

Will not work with 2007 or 2008 RER MyGig radios, only 2009 RER Radios.***

Pulled that from a site selling the Mopar RER interface, if you had an 09 it might work. I would e-mail/call mopar if you're interested in a harness like that. I assumed you meant interfacing w/the stock unit and no harness. -I still do not think it is possible with the 07/08 but I am not 100% sure-
Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by runit3

-I mentioned coastaletech because they are the only people I know of using an aftermarket plug-in to alter the MyGig OS. They disable in-motion inputs and other features so I'm assuming they MAY have the know how to program a warning turn-off.-
Wrong. NAV-TV makes the AllGig USB which does enable all the stuff Chrysler disabled. AND when there is an update available you simply download from their site and connect to the usb on the black box and upgrade. With Lockpick you're shit out of luck. either keep your old Lockpick or buy another one. much better service with NAV-TV too! I had the Lockpick, sold it and got the AllGig USB. Google NAV-TV. The warning is not affected by either. 3 or 4 software upgrades ago the box was changed to go off by itself.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

I was wrong, there is another company

They both do the same thing...almost identical harnesses and software...and prices. Also the same optional AV harness/video/and mic.

Again I AM NOT affiliated with Coastaletech nor am I trying to promote them...Whoever owned my Jeep before me purchased the Lockpick and uninstalled it before he sold it, but left all the equipment for me to re-install. I was just speaking to my experience with the Lockpick.

Yes you're right, you cannot update the firmware associated with Lockpick v.2 (or v.1 for MyGig). It seems the usb "black box" upgrade would be useful if Chrysler released an update blocking the lockpick...I'm assuming this is why Nav-TV has a feature like that. Either way the current running update for the RER has not blocked lockpick *yet*. I would be curious to see if CoastalEtech honored their product and provided a new "black box" if that was to happen.

Quick Reply: Warning message on My GIG RER?