Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Warning Lamp Switch Panel with Fog Light Switch?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning Lamp Switch Panel with Fog Light Switch?

Has anyone seen one of these: quadratec.com/products/52446_110.htm with a switch that could be wired to fog lights? Would look nice and professional if it was built into this panel.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a metal toggle switch drilled into mine for my rock lights. I don't have the swaybar, lockers, or airbag symbol thing though either. the ones that are just gray with no symbol wont press either. I would go with the toggle though, i think thats what most do
Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I did mine yesterday with a toggle switch below that panel, but it would just be nice to have a factory switch to control them instead of another toggle switch. Where is the switch for the factory fog lights mounted? Mine didn't come with the factory ones.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you look close where the dial is to turn on the headlights, it has a symbol for the fog lights. basically you just pull that last dial out towards the door and they come on. you might be able to wire it into that if yours still pulls out?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Non-fog JK's don't pull out, much to my dismay.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah i figured it would be like the rest of the dash switches where the sway bar and lockers would be....
Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 AM
JeeperTJ

There are some threads out there that tell you how to upgrade the factory turn signal stalk to the one with a switch on the end ($70 from the dealer.) I did this on my 2007 unlimited X and installed a factory bumper with fogs. After a trip to the dealer to add in the fogs to the computer it all works like it should from factory, even turns on the fog lamp indicator on the dash. Also there is a complete mopar kit for the JK with the detailed instructions, wiring harness and lights. It is probably easier to just add a auxilary switch though.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
JeeperTJ

More info on the Mopar JK fog lamp kit and instructions:

There is an excellent DC step by step "Jeep Wrangler Fog Lamp Kit" 10 page instruction (K6860117) for this install that comes wil the MOPAR JK fog lamp kit that answers alot of the questions you folks are asking. I think p/n on the kit is K6860117, but when my dealer ordered it for me, it arrived it had cheap rectangular lights that mounted on brackets off the bumper mounts, not the factory in the bumper round lights. It does however include the turn signal stalk and all wiring required, but still requires the computer to be flashed...

Quick Reply: Warning Lamp Switch Panel with Fog Light Switch?