Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Warn Remote Fog Lights, Quick question

Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Warn Remote Fog Lights, Quick question

I am going to be installing my JKs Christmas present today and have a question about it. The remote/wireless interface requires you wire a tracer wire to the positive power wire going to the headlights. This is to permit having the fog lights on only when the headlights are on. However, I like the idea of being able to remotely turn them on while I am out of the vehicle and don't have the lights on. Anyone have any ideas?
In the mean time I may just run the tracer wire to my marker lights for now.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wired my wireless warn lights so they come on regardlesss of weather my headlight are on or not. The insruction said to wire mine that way .
Old 12-25-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Install went well. I ended up using the led going to the marker light on the driver side. So for now I have to have the parking lights on to use the fogs. I dont mind at this point. We will see in the future if I change my mind. Oh, BTW I tested the remote. The farthest I tested was about 30 feet. Plenty far for me. I will update post after I have to test max distance.
I am glad I ended up going with the remote switch fogs from Warn. Great kit and the quality you would expect from them as well.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

You could also wire the lead directly to the battery so they'd work without any lights on. Only draw back to that is they could be left on and drain the battery.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the instructions say wire to the battery on jeep vehicles

Quick Reply: Warn Remote Fog Lights, Quick question