Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Want to mount second battery under the tub, can it submerged in water without damage?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
TCM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to mount second battery under the tub, can it submerged in water without damage?

Given that there is no place under the hood for a second battery, a location under the tub is the most logical alternative. Will a battery or the vehicles electrical system be damaged if the battery is mounted under the tub and is submerged during a water crossing? Will the battery be damaged over the long term due to road spray from rain or mud?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would mount it in the trunk if they dont make a duel battery set up yet or i would wait
Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try looking here:

hxxp://www.optimabatteries.com/off_road/

The Optima batteries are known for their quality. They can be mounted in any position, even upside down. That's the off road section link above, but they also have a marine section since you are worried about the battery getting wet. I think all of thier batteries are sealed units, though.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Being that water is a conductor of electricity, I would advise against mounting a battery were it could get submerged
Old 03-07-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

If the battery goes under water it's done!

Quick Reply: Want to mount second battery under the tub, can it submerged in water without damage?