Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Vision X New Jk Optimus Fog Light Kit Anyone using these or have any info?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vision X New Jk Optimus Fog Light Kit Anyone using these or have any info?

Hi guys I am looking to replace my fogs with LEDs for more light while driving. Visionx on 3/21/13 released a new kit. It looks pretty good to me but i cant find any reviews from anyone using these. Any info/opinions would be appreciated. I am currently using a Hid retrofit kit and its night and day from stock but I would like more light. My rig is more of a mall crawler and NYC daily driver. I was considering Rigid D2's in the fogs but they are too bright for what I am looking for. Please let me know if you have these and if you like them.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	460117
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	460118
Old 05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a set on my '09. I went with the 60 deg pattern and am thinking i should have gotten them a little more focused. Instead of lighting up just the road, with a broad beam, they light up the road and everything else. I've found that in foggy conditions, i actually turn them off to help cut down the glare. I'd buy them again, they appear to be a nice quality product, just a little narrower beam. Also, when I mounted them, I found that if I used the provided bracket backwards, the light fixture didn't project so far out of the bumper recess. Had to do a little grinding on the bracket so the light would fit backwards but nothing a couple minutes and a dremel wouldn't take care of. By the way, I have an ARB Deluxe bumper.

Quick Reply: Vision X New Jk Optimus Fog Light Kit Anyone using these or have any info?