Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Video out for the stock DVD

Old 07-26-2007 | 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Video out for the stock DVD

Is there a Mopar part # for a plug that attaches to the stock radio for the DVD video out or do I need to fab my own and go based off the pins in other threads ?

My thinking is that there is a mopar plug somewhere that has RCA connections on one end and the plug that plugs into the back of the stock radio ? Correct me if I'm wrong on this. Or maybe mopar sells a whole external monitor or something. Any info would be great thanks.

If it comes down to it 'll just fab something to hit the video out pins on the back of the radio but was looking for the easy way out.
Old 07-26-2007 | 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
i talked to my friend about getting a harness from something that has rear video stock but its $180 and not returable so i made my own, its very easy, follow the write up about it.
Where's the write up???
Old 07-26-2007 | 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is part of the DVD monitor write-up, I think.

check in the write-up index (sticky)

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-full-dvd-monitor-write-up-part-1-a-3904/

Last edited by FiveOff; 07-26-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2007 | 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either follow the write up or go to a salvage yard and get the plug with the wires out of a Nitro. All the radios are already out of the vehicles at the yards I frequent so it's really easy. Salvage yards are your friend!! After that add your own RCA connectors.

Quick Reply: Video out for the stock DVD