Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

VES + MyGig

Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VES + MyGig

I have a 2009 with a MyGig and lockpick.

I installed headrest monitors utilizing the video output from the head unit. We al listen to their movies, and I just try to ignore it when I'm driving.

I'd like to get the VES working so that they can wear headphones, and I don't have to listen to Spongebob on longer trips.

Are some wireless (IR) headphones all I need? Do I need some sort of fancy sending unit? If the headphones are IR, where do they get a line-of-sight signal from?

I've done some searching, but I haven't found anything that speaks to this specifically.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

If you can find Wireless headphones with audio in, then you can hookup the audio output from the lockpick to them. The monitors I had in my 08 took the video and audio into them and came with wireless headphones they sent the sound to. I think you can find some standalone headphones to fit the bill though.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
If you can find Wireless headphones with audio in, then you can hookup the audio output from the lockpick to them. The monitors I had in my 08 took the video and audio into them and came with wireless headphones they sent the sound to. I think you can find some standalone headphones to fit the bill though.
Thanks for the response, but I'm a little confused. If the headphones require an audio input from the lockpick, then why do they need to be wireless? Can I not use the wireless headphone feature of the VES?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

The "VES" is a spoof by the lockpick that makes it look like you have VES when you don't. What I was trying to say is that you could get wireless headphones that come with a receiver. The receiver would plugin to the output of the lockpick which is the VES to the MyGig. That coupled with the video to the headrest monitors you already have would be your setup. Now if your current monitors already have audio going to them, then you just need to find headphones that work with them and you'd be set.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
The "VES" is a spoof by the lockpick that makes it look like you have VES when you don't. What I was trying to say is that you could get wireless headphones that come with a receiver. The receiver would plugin to the output of the lockpick which is the VES to the MyGig. That coupled with the video to the headrest monitors you already have would be your setup. Now if your current monitors already have audio going to them, then you just need to find headphones that work with them and you'd be set.
Dude....That helps a huge amount. I just was not getting how this would work. I knew something had to send the audio signal to the wireless headsets, but I was too thick to realize that the MyGig isn't that piece, and I knew the lockpick wouldn't do it by itelsef.

THANKS!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

You're welcome, glad I could help.

Quick Reply: VES + MyGig