Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Using Nav-TV Allgig, setting up rear view camera

Old 06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Nav-TV Allgig, setting up rear view camera

I'm looking for some help with my allgig (similar to lockpic) to set up a rear view camera. Everything seems in place but the camera just will not light up. I am using a 3.5mm RCA jack from the camera to the "cam in" input on the allgig....and when i put jeep in reverese the screen says "check surroundings" but camera never lights up. I used wire snaps (what i call them anyways) where power wire from camera goes into one side, power wire (white/green from jeep going into lower light) is snapped on the other side and they should be spliced. i did the same with the ground wire. I feel like at this point the camera should light up. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong?

i've heard some people doing camera power to the back of the nav screen but I don't see the benefit in that since my camera came with a lot of wire to work with. i'd be willing to change my set up if anyone knows what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not sure where you is going wrong but I tapped into the power wire going to my reverse lights so that the camera is powered whenever I shift to reverse.

Originally Posted by rmtobin01
I'm looking for some help with my allgig (similar to lockpic) to set up a rear view camera. Everything seems in place but the camera just will not light up. I am using a 3.5mm RCA jack from the camera to the "cam in" input on the allgig....and when i put jeep in reverese the screen says "check surroundings" but camera never lights up. I used wire snaps (what i call them anyways) where power wire from camera goes into one side, power wire (white/green from jeep going into lower light) is snapped on the other side and they should be spliced. i did the same with the ground wire. I feel like at this point the camera should light up. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong?

i've heard some people doing camera power to the back of the nav screen but I don't see the benefit in that since my camera came with a lot of wire to work with. i'd be willing to change my set up if anyone knows what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default backup cam help

Originally Posted by radside
I'm not sure where you is going wrong but I tapped into the power wire going to my reverse lights so that the camera is powered whenever I shift to reverse.
Do you mind telling me where all your connections are and what you used to tap into the wires? I really am frustrated and nav-tv has been of extremely little help. And instructions are very bad. I don't know if I'm supposed to use the camera RCA to the av harness "cam in' or plug into the actual harness with allgig called "backup cam" then use a video out from allgig harness to av harness "cam in'?

I'm thorougjly confused and it sucks taking everything apart again to try another method just to have no camera working. Can you also tell me the wire colors you use?
Old 06-18-2011, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmtobin01
Do you mind telling me where all your connections are and what you used to tap into the wires? I really am frustrated and nav-tv has been of extremely little help. And instructions are very bad. I don't know if I'm supposed to use the camera RCA to the av harness "cam in' or plug into the actual harness with allgig called "backup cam" then use a video out from allgig harness to av harness "cam in'?

I'm thorougjly confused and it sucks taking everything apart again to try another method just to have no camera working. Can you also tell me the wire colors you use?
I have the all gig or whatever it's called from Tv and Nav to go . I ran my video,power and ground from the back to the dash. Plugged my video wire into the backup cam RCA on the All Gig....and the power came from the all gig harness I think it was tagged Reverse cam or something....and I used the ground in the harness also. The other camera in on the media harness is for a second camera if you chose to add one.....if you still can't figure it out just go onto the coastal tech website and follow there instructions. good luck

Quick Reply: Using Nav-TV Allgig, setting up rear view camera