Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Using a Garmin GPSMAP 276 c through an iPad

Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a Garmin GPSMAP 276 c through an iPad

I own a Garmin GPSMAP 276 c, an iPad 2 and a Droid 2, and would like to know if there's a way for me to view the "real time" data coming from the GPS on the iPad.
My reason for asking is that the areas we off road have no cell service, and while the GPS provides roads and topo information, it would be nice to view our location as a moving map with satalite imagery on the iPad. Thanks......
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
I own a Garmin GPSMAP 276 c, an iPad 2 and a Droid 2, and would like to know if there's a way for me to view the "real time" data coming from the GPS on the iPad.
My reason for asking is that the areas we off road have no cell service, and while the GPS provides roads and topo information, it would be nice to view our location as a moving map with satalite imagery on the iPad. Thanks......
x2 I've been trying to link my phone and ipad. my GPS doesn't have an output so i know there isn't a chance there. I would like to know if tethering to the ipad and transmitting the signal is possible.

Quick Reply: Using a Garmin GPSMAP 276 c through an iPad