Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Upgrading the Infinity System?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Upgrading the Infinity System?

I have read a lot of the sound system upgrade threads on here, but I don't recall one specifically regarding the Infinity tuned system.

I am stock except adding polyfill to all the speaker enclosures. This upgrade helped a bit, but the system sounds dull when listening to the satellite radio or regular radio.

The sound is pretty good when playing from the Aux input jack using the iPhone as a source. It is quite a bit better than when playing the radio.

The fact that the system sounds pretty good with the Aux input probably tells me that the tuner is the reason the sound sucks.

Will an aftermarket head unit fix the crappy sound from the radio and satellite radio?
If replacing the head unit would fix it, is there anything special to look for to ensure it will work with the rest of the factory system?

Thank you,

Brent
Old 08-08-2015, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you would need one of these.
PAC RP4-CH11 Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo and retain factory steering wheel audio controls, entertainment system, and amp in select 2004-up Chrysler models at Crutchfield.com

Be sure you don't want to change the rest of the system out. That takes you another direction.

Quick Reply: Upgrading the Infinity System?