Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Update Sirius Channel listings??

Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW DETAILS: Update Sirius Channel listings??

Since picking up my JK last May, many of the Sirius channels have changed, but the labels still remain the same in my ride. A couple of examples: Grateful Dead 24/7 is still labeled as Sirius Disorder, and Disorder has some Jazz name. There are quite a few changes, but my listings don't seem to update. Am I missing something?

Last edited by cmcginnes; 01-10-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: important new information in new post
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have noticed this in my JK also, but i have a stilleto 100 at home, and its doing the same thing.

according to sirius' site it looks like the channel names SHOULD have been updated tho http://www.sirius.com/channelguide
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Call Sirius and give them your ID number that is on your Mygig....they can send an update signal to your receiver and you should be good to go.

I had to when I first got my JK because I wasnt getting all the channels...it took maybe 1-2min to fix it.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

that and tell them to add channel 198 the playboy channel. It dosen't come up untill you contact Sirus
Old 01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really? They can update it? Interesting. I was thinking there seemed to be a lot less channels than I thought when I turned it on after pickin up my Jeep on Monday. I'll have to try calling Sirius tomorrow on the way to work.

I wish you could set artist alerts on MyGig. :/ That was something I saw a friend's Sirius radio doing that I thought was pretty damn neat.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Important details I have learned:

1) The mislabeled stations (at least channels 10, 32 & 70 ... maybe more) are wrong system wide. It is not a problem with individual radios and cannot be fixed individually. When Sirius fixes it, everyones systems should be updated.

2) I should have left better alone. When I called, I discovered that my radio was still in Sirius "dealer demo" mode. The good news is that my one-year free trial starts today, even though I've gotten the last eight months free. The bad news is that if I'd never called to complain about my mislabeled stations, I would probably have had free Sirius for the life of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Update Sirius Channel listings??