Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

unresolved Uconnect anger

Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

09 w/ nav here. When I purch mine (about a year ago), the jeep website and literature all stated that hands free bluetooth was a part of the nav upgrade. Of course when my located jeep arrived at the dealer, it didn't work. I told the dealer to make it work before I took it. And they did. It took 3 weeks for them to figure out the right parts to get (just the mic), but they finally got it.

I'm amazed at how terrible the dealers as a whole do at representing jeep. You'd think jeep would want better exposure. I guess its just the norm now though. Terrible.

Oh yea, don't lose any sleep over not having it... It doesn't work that well anyway. Lots of echoing and such for the other end of the call. I'd rather use my bluetooth headset than uconnect now anyway.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
JK Freak

My microphone experience is also terrible. People say I am inaudible at best, so I just use my BT headset. I guess it's nice as a back up.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I gotta say that having family that works at the dealership and having more insight as to what the dealership does and doesn't do sucks to a degree, first if the techs have never dealt with the handsfree uconnect ever they don't know anything on how to install it or how it works. Alos the dealership sends it's big producers of work to school at least 2 times a month for learning all the new stuff as it come sin, some of the electronic stuff isn't one of those things that they send any of them for. Also they get paid by the hour of what they do so if there is a time limit on install of an item and they don't know how to do it, it is a money looser for them so they kinda pass it on to someone else or just tell yiou it doesn't work or even just tell you it's a csah job all your expense for their lack of kknowledge. On the other hand if the tech if the tech is not a big producer for the dealership they don't send him to the schools and he is the one that gets your job. Now I went into the dealer and shown one of the techs how it works and we shared what he went through before and he was happy by me showing him he can make some money at the dealer and get them out quicker for the customer. H was also very happy about this forum too !!!

Quick Reply: unresolved Uconnect anger