Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

unresolved Uconnect anger

Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstock
Lots of new cars come that way now, whether the buttons are on the radio, steering wheel etc. BMW and Mini have the buttons on the steering wheel but unless you purchase the module they don't function.

So don't feel too bad, but if it was a selling point, I think they owe you.
it was a selling point, and it became a game of who said what and i dont recollect.

just because other manufacturers do it it just aint right.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfpuppies3
From page 82 of the manual for my 2009 JK (it's online too)

uconnect phone
This feature is not available on two–door or four–door
models.
yep. found it. saw it. read it.

saw red. i dont know about you but i dont read the owners manual while shopping for a car.

the problem is while the feature doesnt work there is a button there that sure makes it look like it should. and in fact it can. if you go through the hassle and cash to make work what you thought you were paying for in the first place.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

In my 08 I have button and what not like you but it does not work. My sales wench told me that it did not work in the Jeep due to no place for the antenna...think she is full of crap. However, on my window sticker it is not listed as an installed option...even with a button it was not represented to work...would think you need to determine if it was represented to work
Old 01-30-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rbrutzman
yep. found it. saw it. read it.

saw red. i dont know about you but i dont read the owners manual while shopping for a car.

the problem is while the feature doesnt work there is a button there that sure makes it look like it should. and in fact it can. if you go through the hassle and cash to make work what you thought you were paying for in the first place.
I bought the Uconnect module for around $200 used, then bought the ipod cable for around $60 off ebay. The module came with the mic and the install was easy. A simple flash from the dealer and all the buttons work for me. I have an '08 with the RES head unit
Old 01-31-2010, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default If that was Chrysler's reasoning, it's pretty

lame as I have factory bluetooth connected hands free on my BMW M Roadster that works just fine at 100 MPH with the top down. Maybe Chrysler's engineers should talk to those from other manufacturers, they are not the only company in the world that makes convertables.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 07 X unlimited and when I purchased mine the salesman went on and on about how great the hands free was. So I went out and purchased a bluetooth phone only to find it was not connected. Fight with the stealership went nowhere so I went back to the phone place to see if they had any resolve, he hooked me up with an MP3 phone that plugs into the aux. plug. Not as good as bluetooth but it works great with and without roof and doors
Old 01-31-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

i came home early from work one day in september, it was still light out. 2 blocks away from my house a cop pulled me over and gave me a $135 ticket for talking on the phone while driving. i didnt even know they had the law on the books.

i keep a headset in the jeep now full time, and wont talk on the phone without it.

makes me pissed even more @ chrysler; i would have been on the hands free if it freakin worked.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

When i bought my 08 (in late 07) i saw that it had all the Uconnect buttons but the dealership made it clear it did not work and I didn't care at the time anyway. I don't think chrysler did anything wrong, sounds like the dealer did. I will be buying the module to make it work soon though.

Last edited by ibjeepr; 01-31-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

So, this works on '10s with nav?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Correct, the 2010's with factory equipped nave already have the mic installed and UConnect activated.

Quick Reply: unresolved Uconnect anger