Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Unlock on Exit

Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlock on Exit

Hey guys - I read in the manual that there's a way to set-up the power door locks so that when when the driver opens his door the other doors automatically unlock (assuming of course that they've auto locked while you've been driving) I followed the instructions but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Has anyone had sucess with this?

The instructions are to switch the ignition key from lock to on 4 times the press the unlock button on the drivers side then your supposed to hear s chime telling you that it worked....
Old 10-14-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try turning the key from off to on 5 times ending in the "on" position. Then hit the LOCK button on the door.

This is what I did and it worked for me!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Do not count on hearing the "chime". After doing the seatbelt mod, I did not hear the chime either...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nelly
Try turning the key from off to on 5 times ending in the "on" position. Then hit the LOCK button on the door.

This is what I did and it worked for me!
It worked!!

Thanks

In my case I did here the chime.

Quick Reply: Unlock on Exit