Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ugh... Turn Signal Issue Caused by Me

Old 05-31-2019, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ugh... Turn Signal Issue Caused by Me

Yeah, yeah... I screwed up. Last thing of the day and wasn't thinking. I was hooking up my PIA lamps and in my tired state, thought hmmm.. let's tie into the front turn lamps instead of the side lamps like I did before. Um stupid idea.

After realizing my flawed thinking, I severed the PIA wire from where I tied it in. So now this is what happens when I put on my right turn signal. Light comes on but doesn't flash. Swapped bulbs, bulb is fine. Inside, I get a normal turn signal click for 2 clicks then it goes to the fast click like the bulb is out. The rear right turn signal is just fine.

Before I head down a rabbit hole, is there an easy "Oh, you need to replace your...."? I should stop playing with electrical. Seriously.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What happens when you turn on the hazard lights? If it were me I'd disconnect the battery for a few minutes and also make sure the plug for that turn signal is fully connected. I'm guessing It was disconnected when you wired into it.
The following users liked this post:
JKJeeper (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I turn on the hazard and sound is normal but driver flasher doesn't blink.

I'll try the battery tonight.

Quick Reply: Ugh... Turn Signal Issue Caused by Me