Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect: Is it worth it?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P1Rh0
So after a long string of wondering through Jeep stuff I got to thinking about getting the Uconnect put in my 08JK. I was curious if anyone who has it thinks it's worth it's salt?

I keep reading how it can be used as a hotspot, which is why it has caught my attention. If that's possible I would like to use it as a hotspot for my ipad so I can use my pandora/slacker/SiriusXM apps.
Oh yeah, I love it, worth it.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm considering selling my MyGig RHB head unit with nav, bluetooth, uconnect etc. if anyone may be interested gimme a shout
Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tammy
I'm considering selling my MyGig RHB head unit with nav, bluetooth, uconnect etc. if anyone may be interested gimme a shout
I'd be interested in the head unit for a friend that just bought a JKU yesterday. FYI though, I personally have this one and the Uconnect module and Sirius module is separate from the headunit. The RHR has them built in. But the RHB is true plug and play to replace the 130 w/ satellite and connectivity. LMK your asking price and I will pass it along for you.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dodgeman70592

I'd be interested in the head unit for a friend that just bought a JKU yesterday. FYI though, I personally have this one and the Uconnect module and Sirius module is separate from the headunit. The RHR has them built in. But the RHB is true plug and play to replace the 130 w/ satellite and connectivity. LMK your asking price and I will pass it along for you.
Thanks for the info... Had no idea it was all seperate. I really dont know what goin rate is, Ive been tryin to look around and no luck so far. Do u know how much they are sellin for?
I will keep lookin myself also
Old 07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tammy
Thanks for the info... Had no idea it was all seperate. I really dont know what goin rate is, Ive been tryin to look around and no luck so far. Do u know how much they are sellin for?
I will keep lookin myself also
PM sent...

Also to OP, I think the uconnect is worth it for handsfree calling if nothing else. I have a 6 spd so it's REALLY nice to have
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have it in my 13 Rubicon while it does not have the WiFi hot spot because it is not available and I ordered mine with every option you can get it is the best stock unit i have ever had and a lot better than most units in the aftermarket until you get into $1,000 area! With the built in Navi,DVD,Sirius,hard drive and being blue tooth-able to stream right from your phone it is a great stereo/entertainment system! And I love the touchscreen with the steering wheel controls is super handy when traveling but it was an $1,845 upgrade.

Last edited by JK UNLIMITED; 07-05-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Uconnect: Is it worth it?