Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect with REQ radio won't recognize ipod

Old 10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uconnect with REQ radio won't recognize ipod

I recently installed the Uconnect module in our 2011 JK Sport. Had the dealer reflash using StarScan. All functions of the Uconnect worked fine except messaging. I just installed the ipod cable tonight. When I turn the key on with the ipod connected the display reads "UCI initializing" below that line 00:00 This stays on for a bit then reads "Device not connected" I have tried three ipods, an older ipod Nano, a recent ipod Nano and an ipod touch. Can I add a USB interface instead? Is that more user friendly?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone?
Anyone?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First, messaging is not a supported feature with a lot of phones.
second, what PN was the Uconnect system that you installed?
third, what radio do you have?

Originally Posted by THUNDERBOLT
I recently installed the Uconnect module in our 2011 JK Sport. Had the dealer reflash using StarScan. All functions of the Uconnect worked fine except messaging. I just installed the ipod cable tonight. When I turn the key on with the ipod connected the display reads "UCI initializing" below that line 00:00 This stays on for a bit then reads "Device not connected" I have tried three ipods, an older ipod Nano, a recent ipod Nano and an ipod touch. Can I add a USB interface instead? Is that more user friendly?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply.
I have the REQ head unit.
The Uconnect part # is: 05064635AK Production: 2011/06/21/0.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my JKU Rubi and brought her to the dealer. They said they had to do a "flashdrive update" and now it works. Also has something to do with the steering wheel controls. Said they've been recalled and I'm waiting for the new ones to come in. They said in the meantime, if the SW buttons stop working (which they haven't) to honk the horn and it resets. Sounds really weird, but ok. I guess these are the expected downsides to having such a smart Jeep
Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default try this

on your ipod or iphone, tap music, then look for the airplay icon and tap it. change from uconnect to dock connector. uconnect doesnt work for me, but when in dock connector mode, everything works fine.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thunderbolt, Have you been able to get this working? If not can you tell me if you are using the USB connector cable that comes off the Uconnect module? What is the PN of the IPod cable the dealer sold you? Have you tried a different IPod cable that plugs into the IPod & the USB connector in the glove box (or where you installed it)
The flash drive update won't work for your vehicle, that update is only for vehicles build prior to 6-1-2011. (modules ending in "AF, AG & AH")

Quick Reply: Uconnect with REQ radio won't recognize ipod