Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect Questions

Old 01-08-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect Questions

Just picked up a used 2008 Rubicon with only 35,000 miles on Saturday and today i received my first ticket for using my cell phone while driving lol...

Let me first off say that upgrading from my 2006 LJ Manual to my 2008 JK Rubicon auto is a night and day difference. I LOVE IT!

Anywho to my questions. I have done my researched already and have enabled my uconnect feature to work with my mobile. I am going to order the mic to complete that setup.

What i really would like to know....

Can you play audio from my iphone 5 (music) using the uconnect? On my LJ i had an aftermarket cheapo radio that had bluetooth feature and i loved playing my itunes through that... Is there a way to do this on the JK with the nav head unit? Or would a separate module will need to be ordered? I saw the mopar kit that enables the bluetooth feature but i couldnt justify spending 300$ to have hands free... Thats when i did my research and noticed all i had to do was order a mic, connect and enable. I know i have the AUX option to play my itunes but i was just wondering if this could be done via bluetooth?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 130n head unit in my 2014 with the u connect package and it does allow me to play music via Bluetooth from my iphone 5. Not sure how the factory installed package differs from what you will end up with but it is possible.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

I have streaming bluetooth on my '12 Sahara and it works great. Pretty sure you will have the same setup. Not positive though. Sorry couldn't be more helpfull.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Questions