Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect Mic Wiring Problem - Help

Old 05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect Mic Wiring Problem - Help

I have a 2010 JK. It is wired up for the REQ radio system. The RER I am putting in has the exact same wire connections (a big plug and a little plug).
I also have a UConnect wiring kit (Part number 82211743AB) that plugs into the RER.
What I cannot figure out is why do I have the little plug that comes with the mic kit already behind the radio? Is it pre-wired for UConnect or something? I dont see a mic anywhere and when I pressed the talk button before it just says UConnect not available.
I looked at both of the small plugs and they have the same wires coming out of them in the same spots. I also tried to trace the one in the jeep, but it goes into a big loom.
Is there a place that I just plug the mic into the harness somewhere? I noticed in this mic kit, it comes with the mic with a connection on the end, and a pigtail that the mic plugs into on one side, and on the other it has the radio plug likee the one already in the Jeep.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Jon
Old 05-04-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

No one know about this?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by simadownow6988
No one know about this?
The connector already there is the prewired for the MyGig's that come with UConnect from the factory. Just unplug it and put it off to the side, and plug in the one from the new UConnect harness and you'll be all set.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
The connector already there is the prewired for the MyGig's that come with UConnect from the factory. Just unplug it and put it off to the side, and plug in the one from the new UConnect harness and you'll be all set.
Jon,

Did you get everything working?

I also have a 2010 JK. I have an REQ (with Sirius). I just installed the uconnect module and iPod harness two nights ago, but ran into the same question about the little plug. It's just laying dead back there, now, and I plugged the little plug from the uconnect module in its place. I have my StarSCAN scheduled for tomorrow.

Oh, and today my engine light is on solid. The ETC light came on solid, too, for one driving cycle. WTH??

Jeff, all of your input has been a great help in my uconnect quest. Sincere thank you.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Mic Wiring Problem - Help