Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Uconnect and Ipod cable

Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Uconnect, Ipod, and Phone

HI all,

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there is a lot of questions aout this.

I have a 2009 Wrangler X base package. The only option were Smoker's group (it was thown in for free), Automatic transmission, and Air Conditioning. The radio was a RES without the phone option. I installed a REQ radio, Uconnect module, Mic cable, and IPod Cable. The phone did not work. The Ipod said "No device connected". I just had Uconnect turned on at the dealer. My phone works and my wifes Nano IPOD connects and plays perfectly. I put my mic above and to the left of the left radio knob. It seems to work perfectly. I was very concerned about the Radio problem because I bought mine from the Ebay. My IPOD cable plugged into the uconnect box not the radio.

Steve
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
I had a ton of problems when I tried to put an REN in my JK and never could get UConnect to work with it. I had the UConnect installed and working fine with my REQ 6 disc changer. Then I installed the REN and it quit working, but the iPod kept working correctly. 5 days at 2 different dealerships still could not get it to work. I finally gave up, returned the REN and put the REQ back in. dsy here on the forums reported that when installed a REN in his JK, his UConnect also stopped working. Then he installed the lockpick and bam, it started working again. Based on our experiences, I think you either need a Lockpick for REN and UConnect to work, or your SOL.
I went through the same exact same steps and the ipod control from the REN head unit worked fine but no uconnect. Was not a big deal because I mainly wanted the ipod control. When I installed the Allgig USB module so my wife could watch movies on trips the uconnect and VR started working also. If I remember right the allgig module plugs in first to the REN and the uconnect module piggybacks into the allgig harness. The ipod cable still plugs into the uconnect module as before. I have no idea if Lookpic would work the same as the Allgig did. The REN I got off ebay was from a 2009. Got it from Mr.CD1
Doug
Old 04-07-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Cool IPOD, Uconnect, and REQ radio

Hi all,

I installed a REQ radio, Uconnect Box, Ipod cable, and Mic. The phone and Ipod did not work until I had the dealer turn on the Uconnect. Yes the Ipod charged, but the radio had no control. My Ipod cable is plugged into the Uconnect box though, not the radio.

I almost went out and bought another radio because I thought mine had the 2007 problem. I did not know the history of my radio, because I bought from the ebay.

Have a great Jeeping Day!!!! I will!!!

Steve

Quick Reply: Uconnect and Ipod cable