Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

uconnect different in Australia?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect different in Australia?

My dealer here in oz is trying to say that the uconnect module is different in Australia then in the US. Do you think this is possible. I'll be in the US in a few weeks and can find them for $350 there where they are $750 in Oz. Can anyone help.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Uconnect

Hey mate, I just recently ordered the connect module from the US and installed it the other day. I haven't had it activated by the dealer as yet but will when I find time. I'd say the dealer here in aus is either full of it and trying to make you buy from them or they just have no idea. They don't make different stereos or modules for just australia, they are the same! Hope that helps and I will let you know how I go with the activation. P.s. I paid $us229 for the module from Steve white motorsr in the u.s.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 AM
JK Newbie

Is that for a pre 2011? I think they are a bit more for the 2011. I'm thinking the same thing, everything should be the same other then our glove box is on the left Let me know how the activation goes.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default Uconnect

Yeah sorry mate price is for 2007-2010 module.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:30 AM
JK Newbie

Update: dealer couldn't get uconnect working and said it was faulty, so I did some research with the help of a dealership in the U.S and it turns out I need a certain uconnect that is for Australian vehicles, and they can supply one for me, so it looks like I have waisted a few hundred dollars so far. Now I can't decide if it's worth it!!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the update, anything new to report? I've already bought a US model, seems so weird that they would make a different model for the Oz.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:12 AM
JK Newbie

Hey mate any luck on your U.S bought uconnect.

Quick Reply: uconnect different in Australia?